Private Helicopter Excursion of Maui Nui with Landing from Lana'i
Explore the islands of Lāna‘i, Kaho‘olawe, Maui, and Moloka‘i from above on the only helicopter tour of “Greater Maui”. Over one million years ago, Maui Nui (“Greater Maui”) was a single island forty percent larger than present day Hawai‘i Island. Over time, natural forces drew Maui Nui lower into the Pacific, forming separate islands.Touch down at our exclusive Molokai Lookout and slow down to "Molokai time". The expanse of the Kalaupapa Peninsula nestles 600 feet below at the foot of the cliffs. This is an opportunity to grasp how the unique history of Kalaupapa is tied to the isolation of its landscape. Kalaupapa is a monument to the strength of the human spirit illustrated by these brave souls and by the compassion of the people who were compelled to help them. After crossing by the historical town of Kalaupapa, you will view northern and eastern Lāna‘i - including Kānepu‘u dryland forest preserve, Keahiakawelo (the “Garden of the Gods”), Polihua, and long, sandy beaches.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private Scenic Flight
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lanai, Lanai, Hawaii
The island of Lana'i. View northern and eastern Lāna‘i - including Kānepu‘u dryland forest preserve, Keahiakawelo (the “Garden of the Gods”), Polihua, and long, sandy beaches.
Stop At: Kaho‘olawe, Hawaii, USA
The island of Kaho‘olawe with its unique history as a bombing range for the US Army during WWII.
Stop At: Maui, Maui, Hawaii
The entire island of Maui.
View the slopes of Haleakalā and the road to Hāna without spending hours in a rental car, and make your way past the world-famous surf break at Pe‘ahi - Jaws - as you come upon West Maui and its white beaches and transition over the Pailolo channel to Moloka‘i.
Stop At: Molokai, Molokai, Hawaii
This island of Moloka'i.
Millennia of erosion have chiseled the windward sides of both Maui and Moloka‘i deep with valleys. In fact, the sea cliffs on the northern side of Moloka‘i are the tallest in the world, an absolutely stunning sight to hover amidst, rife with waterfalls and lush tropical forests. Then cross by the historical town of Kalaupapa.
Stop At: Kalaupapa Overlook, Hwy 470, Molokai, HI
Soak in stunning views and slow down to "Molokai time" at our exclusive Molokai Lookout. Over millenia, the elements have worked together to carve beautiful ridges that stand proud of the sea. You will feel a world away with the world's tallest sea cliffs trailing toward the horizon in both directions, building in height to over 4,000 feet above sea level to the east. Meanwhile, the expanse of the Kalaupapa Peninsula nestles 600 feet below at the foot of the cliffs, hemmed in by the wind-tossed ocean. This landing is a special opportunity to grasp how the unique history of Kalaupapa is intimately tied to the isolation of its landscape. It was on this remote finger that over 8,000 people were sentenced to live and die due to leprosy. Now a National Park, Kalaupapa is a monument to the strength of the human spirit illustrated time and again by these brave souls and by the immense compassion of the people who were compelled to help them, notably Father Damien and Sister Marianne Cope.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Lanai Airport Road, Lanai Airport Rd, Lanai City, HI 96763, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We're offering private tours only for guests living in a single household. Face masks required for anyone over 5 years old, unless a medical condition prevents it. If COVID-like symptoms are observed, temperature may be taken and we may reschedule your flight.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.