Private Half-Day Walking Tour in Hong Kong
On this private walking tour, immerse yourself in Hong Kong’s diverse history and culture by journeying through both old and new Hong Kong. With your friendly and knowledgeable English-speaking guide, explore small, traditional markets and antique shops before marvelling at the bustling commercial and industrial hubs dotted with towering skyscrapers. As you walk through the city, learn about the intermingling of old conventions and new institutions that form Hong Kong’s fascinating culture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Western Market
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Western Market, Des Voeux Road, Central Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong China
First, enter the Western Market, the oldest surviving market building in Hong Kong. Inside this Edwardian-style building, see fabric stores, bakeries and dessert shops, cafés and souvenir shops.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sheung Wan, west of Central, Hong Kong China
After meeting your guide at a central location in Hong Kong, begin your tour by exploring some of the city’s oldest and most unique markets to get acquainted with the city’s humble trade and fishing community.
Stop At: Bonham Strand, Hong Kong China
Continue to the markets along Wing Lok Street and Bonham Strand West, which sell prized, luxurious items like ginseng.
Stop At: Ko Shing Street, Hong Kong China
Afterward, follow your guide to Ko Shing Street (also called Herbal Medicine Street), a retail and wholesale center for Hong Kong’s herbal medicine. Walk along the pathways and learn about the wide selection of Chinese herbs offered here.
Stop At: Hollywood Road, Central and Sheung Wan, Hong Kong China
A 20-minute walk will take you to Hollywood Road (Antique Street), where you will find specialty shops and curio stalls selling everything from Chinese furniture and porcelain wares to Buddha idols and collectible coins.
Stop At: Cat Street Market, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong China
Venture onto Cat Street and browse stalls selling rare and exquisite products such as jade and silk.
Stop At: Ping Shan Heritage Trail, Sheung Cheung Wai, Yuen Long District, City of Fanling, Hong Kong China
Continue along Tai Ping Shan Street to discover an interesting fusion of tradition with modernity. See contemporary boutiques and cafés built against the backdrop of one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods, providing a unique historical narrative.
Stop At: Mid-levels Escalator, Connaught Road, Central and West Distict, Hong Kong China
Nearby, walk to the base of the Central Escalators (also called the Mid-Levels Escalators), the world’s longest outdoor escalator system, covering a distance of nearly 2,600 feet (800 meters). Hop on and experience this cool way of getting to the Central district in Hong Kong!
Stop At: Central and Western District, Hong Kong China
When you reach this central business district, see towering skyscrapers housing international corporations.
Stop At: Bank of China Tower, 1 Garden Road, Hong Kong China
As you follow your guide on a walk, marvel at the immensity of buildings such as the Bank of China Tower and the International Finance Center, and learn how the construction and organization of these buildings follow traditions of feng shui-oriented art and architecture.
Stop At: PMQ, No.35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong China
PMQ; the former Police Married Quarters has been transformed into the designer hub of the city. Young brands and independent designers showcase and sell their products in the old dormitory units in the heart of the city, while paying a subsidised rate. PMQ is the last word on cool in Hong Kong town. We dare you to see if something doesn’t catch your eye here!
Departure Point :Sheung Wan Station, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :MTR Hong Kong Station, Central, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; walking distance is approximately 4 miles (7 km). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.