Private Half-Day Tour to Chinchero
Today you will visit the Chinchero town, one of the most important towns of the Inca Empire located on a terrace above 3800 masl. There you may get to know the archaeological complex that draws attention for its well-kept andenes (agricultural terraces) and a large Inca fortress located in the place attributed to be the origin of the rainbow. The construction of the beautiful colonial church located at the foot of the Main Square was completed in 1607 over the foundations of Inca constructions; its main altar is carved in gold leaf with a baroque style and it is dedicated to the Virgin of the Nativity and its walls are decorated with paintings of Diego Quispe Tito, the top representative of the Cusco school of art. You will return to Cusco after touring the towns charming streets of cobblestone.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Pickup and drop-off
- Admission to Chinchero Church
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia Colonial de Chinchero
What's excluded :
- Cusco Tourist ticket - BTC
- Lunch and beverage
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iglesia Colonial de Chinchero, Plaza de Chinchero, S/N Centro Histórico, Chinchero 08651 Peru
Know the construction of the beautiful colonial church located at the foot of the Main Square was completed in 1607 over the foundations of Inca constructions; its main altar is carved in gold leaf with a baroque style.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mercado de Artesanias, Plaza Centro Histórico, Chinchero 08651 Peru
Visit the local colourful and authentic market where indigenous people from the surrounding communities congregate to trade their goods, not only trading in money, but in goods as well. The Chinchero Market is also well-known for its woven handcrafts typical of the region. You will also visit a workshop where you can see the artisans of the region working in their place.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- To visit the archaeological remains of Chinchero, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.