Private Half-Day Tour in Cusco City
You will start your in Coricancha, also known as the "Temple of the Sun", the construction of which was ordered by Inca Pachacutec (1438-1471) and was used as base for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent upon the arrival of the Spaniards. This is when the Sun (Inti, in Quechua) was worshipped during the Inca Empire and at the time of the Incas, its walls were fully covered with gold sheets and its courtyards were planted with golden corn and life-size llamas. You will then go to the Cathedral, the most important building on the Main Square and one of the most splendid Spanish colonial churches in America, which is shaped as a Latin Cross and houses about 400 colonial paintings from the Cusco art school, and impressive goldsmith, silversmith and precious stones works. Its construction lasted almost a century; it started in 1560 and ended in 1654. The Ecclesiastical Chapter ordered to extract and transport hundreds of stones from the Sacsayhuaman fortress for this purpose.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Pick-up and drop-off.
- Admission to Cathedral and Qoricancha
- Entry/Admission - Qorikancha
- Entry/Admission - Cusco Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Qorikancha, Avenida El Sol, 3rd block, Cusco Peru
This place is also known as "The Temple of the Sun"(QuriKancha: golden temple). Upon the arrival of the Spanish, it became the basis for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Cusco Cathedral, Portal Belen Plaza de Armas, Cusco 08002 Peru
The Cusco Cathedral has countless works from the Cusqueña school, combining the styles of European devotional painting of the 17th century, with the symbolism of indigenous artists from the Andes of Cusco.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: San Blas, Cusco Peru
San Blas, it's a traditional neighborhood. Handicraft shops as well as workshops of the most famous artisans of Cusco are located at San Blas. It is famous for its beautiful cobbled streets and white houses.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.