Private Half Day Tour: Hidden Gems of Old Hong Kong Island
** Tour recommended by Hong Kong Tourism Board **
Do you know that Hong Kong also has various hidden gems which are not commonly published or included in the tourist guidebooks but definitely some spots should not be missed. Get yourself with a pair of comfortable walking shoes and your camera ready, and join this 3-hour walking tour so that you can immerses yourself in an authentic local neighborhood, travel as a real “local” on your own feet. Experience one of the impressive public transportation systems - “ding ding” (tram). During this walking tour, your friendly tour guide will point out the interesting sights and share fun facts with you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private English guide service
- Hotel meeting service
- 1 bowl of wonton noodles and 1 kind of beverage at the family-run noodles shop (Subject to change and availability)
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Tram (ding ding) fees during the tour
- Double Decker bus fare during the tour
What's excluded :
- Cost of any other transportation fee not belong to the tour
- Food and drinks not belong to the tour
- Transportation fees from your staying hotel to Quarry Bay MTR Station
- Transportation fees from Causeway Bay MTR station to your staying hotel
- Meet up your friendly tour guide at your staying hotel, take MTR together to Quarry Bay MTR Station to start your fun half day tour. Here are some attractions you will be visiting :
• Montane Mansion - or people call it as “Monster Building” – an architecture complex composed of five old mansions which resembles a walled city. The facade of the building is rainbow colored, which also make this development more vibrant and lively, made it so popular among photographers and is gaining popularity with tourists as well. It has also become a popular filming location for Hollywood blockbusters and the most famous one – “Transformer IV”.
• Chun Yeung Street wet market – take “ding ding” (one of the oldest transportation in Hong Kong) further to North Point, explore the Chun Yeung Street wet market - the market retains a local feel where the locals still shop nowadays. What it makes it unique is when the tram running through, people will all stop and wait until the tram is gone through.
• Sunbeam Theater – the landmark theatre in North Point has been synonymous with Cantonese opera for the past 4 decades. The theatre is designated specially for Cantonese opera performances.
• Family-run Chinese embroidery slippers store – will drop by a family-run Chinese embroidery slippers store, one of the oldest hand-made embroidery slipper stores in Hong Kong, is reputed for its Chinese traditional style embroidered slippers and shoes that are suitable for Chinese traditional wedding.
• “Petty person beating” (da siu yan in Cantonese) - will take “ding ding” again (or Double Decker bus) to a place called “Goose Neck Bridge” to share fun and experience by watching how the “beaters” helping the people in need to eliminate their enemies and misfortune by “beating the petty person”. “Petty person beating” is a popular cultural ritual practice in Hong Kong who believe that “petty persons” are someone bringing bad luck, troubles or do something harmful to them. When people have no way to express their anger or hatred towards these “petty persons”, they will hire the beaters to beat the “human portrait”and do a sequence of steps to prevent them from their harassment and make sure these petty persons can no longer harm them after being beaten.
• Taste of wonton noodles – After all these walk, you will enjoy the wonton noodles at a family-run traditional noodle shop. “Wonton” is a Cantonese word for bite size dumpling made stuffed with shrimp and pork, served with noodles and smothered in aromatic chicken broth.During the end of the tour, your tour guide will accompany you the way back your hotel or alternatively, you are also welcome to stay behind and explore this area on your own.
Departure Point :Our tour guide will meet you at your staying hotel
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour recommended by Hong Kong Tourism Board
- Minimum 2 paying adults are required for each booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Maximum 2 children (age 0 -11 years old) at no charge can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We offer a pick-up service for all guests who stay in a downtown hotel. Airport / Airport Hotels / Disney Hotel / New Territories including Shatin incur an out of city surcharge. If you couldn't find your hotel name on the list, please let us know upon making a reservation. After your tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied and return to your hotel.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.