Private half day Thanlyin
Spend a half-day exploring Thanlyin, a historic port that today is a quaint and sleepy village. Travel to the outskirts of Yangon to see glittering pagodas—including on in the middle of a river—and visit the school at the Suthaungpyay Monastery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Enjoy a 50-minute ride to scenic Thanlyin—formerly Syriam—on the Bago River. Once a major port city, this French East India Company was based here, as well as the Portuguese adventurer Filipe de Brito e Nicote.
Arrive in town and climb aboard a small wooden boat. Spot turtles in the water as you ferry toward the gorgeous Ye Le Pagoda, an unusual Buddhist pagoda set on a small island in a tributary of the Yangon River. Disembark and explore the pagoda, admiring Burmese Buddha relics, paintings, and sculptures within the gilded structures.
Return to shore and spend some time strolling through the open-air, riverside market. Interact with locals and vendors peddling produce and handcrafted wares, then climb uphill to the Kyaik Khauk Pagoda. From here, you can take in a sweeping vista over the city. Check out the golden stupas and architecture of the pagoda—this impressive structure was initially built more than 2,000 years ago.
On your return trip to Yangon, make a stop at the Suthaungpyay Monastery. This school is funded by locals and run by monks to provide education for those less fortunate
Departure Point :Hotel in Yagon
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.