Private Half-Day Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa Tour from Kathmandu
Soak yourself in Spiritual experience exploring Pashupatinth temple located on holy Bagmati River bank. Witness funeral procession as per Hindu rituals and traditions while visiting Cremation Ghats located on river bank. Pashupatinath temple is the holiest Hindu shrine. Also visit Boudhnath stupa which is center for Tibetan Buddhism outside of Tibet. Boudhnath stupa is largest Buddhist stupa and often described as “Mini Tibet” due to traditional Tibetan settlement en-circling stupa with prayers flag and prayers wheel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transportation in an air-conditioned private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pashupatinath Temple, 44621 Pashupati Nath Road, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Your tour begins with hotel pick-up at your chosen departure time from your centrally located hotel in Kathmandu.
Your sightseeing tour commences with a visit to Pashupatinath temple. Pashupatinath means “Father of Living Beings” and this Shiva temple is located on the banks of Holy River Bagmati. Only Hindus are permitted inside temple complex for Darshan. Pashupatinth is considered as patron of Nepal and official deity. Non Hindus can visit other temples located in area. Some of the temple has erotic wood carving masterpieces. Go to the other side of temple built with staircase from where you can have aerial view of Pashupatinath temple area and observe Hindu rituals inside temple complex. Holy River Bagmati is nerve of the temple and most of the rituals take place here. This is the best place to observe prayers and to fulfill your spiritual experience. See the funeral rituals as per Hindu traditions and mythology at the bank of the Bagmati River.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Boudhanath Stupa, Boudh, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
After visit, drive to Boudhanath Stupa which is largest Buddhist stupa. Boudhanath Stupa is encircle by traditional Tibetan settlements and the stupa is decorated with colorful prayers flag and prayers wheel. Budhnath is perhaps the holiest spiritual and Tibetan center outside Tibet. Visit other monasteries dotted in Boudhanath Stupa to see Tibetan traditions, culture and prayers rituals.
After completing this 4-hour private tour of 2 UNESCO Heritage sites, you will get transferred back to your hotel located in city center.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your hotel name so we can advise on pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed.
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.