Private Half Day Luang Prabang Rural Farm Experience with Lunch
Step into the life of a farmer who spends his days growing rice and vegetables that sustain the local economy during a guided tour of a farm just outside Luang Prabang. See firsthand the hard work and care that goes into growing the region's food staples.
After pickup from your hotel, take a short drive out of Luang Prabang, admiring views of lush rice fields and wooded hills along the way. Arrive at a rice farm and meet a friendly farmer who introduces you to his operation and explains how the organic vegetables, herbs, and rice that are grown here support some of Luang Prabang's leading restaurants and hotels.
Try your hand at some of the farm activities, or just relax and take it all in from the comfort of the balcony of a traditional rice house on the property. Enjoy a fresh lunch surrounded by views of sprawling fields bursting with colorful vegetables and the pale blue outline of distant mountains. After lunch, wave goodbye to your farming friend and ride back to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private round-trip transportation to and from your Luang Prabang hotel
- English speaking guide
- Private guided farm tour
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - The Living Land Farm
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kuang Si Falls, Luang Prabang 06000 Laos
The tour guide and driver will be at your hotel to pick you up for the tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Living Land Farm, Khuangsi Water Fall Road Ban Phong Van Village, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
This morning we drive to Ban Phong Van about 5kms outside Luang Prabang on the road to the Khang Xi waterfall, among lush rice fields and overlooked by wooded hills and mountains to join in a Living Rice Farm where they grow organic vegetables, salads, herbs and rice and supply leading restaurants and hotels in Luang Prabang. Coming here you will be shown how rice is grown on the farm, experience the life of a farmer and try your hand at some of the activities. Or just view it all from the comfort of our traditional Lao rice house balcony, which is surrounded by rice terraces and our organic vegetable farm. All the family can join in and there are great photo opportunities.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at your hotel in Luang Prabang. Please provide pickup location in Luang Prabang
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Weather information: November - February, the weather in Laos is cool. March - June, the weather is hot up to 40C. July - September is raining season, therefore, please bring umbrella with you.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.