Private Half Day Local Markets Hopper and Foodie Tour in Hong Kong
Want to explore our fascinating markets? Also want to eat like a local? If your time is not affordable to do it one by one, come and join us now. We combine several of our most lively markets and food samplings on this tour, so you can enjoy fun from both with moderate amount of walking and food tastings. In the next 3.5 hours, our friendly local guide will regale you with the information of the markets, share fun facts with you and also learn more of Hong Kong’s food culture and history of development. Let us take you from the main street restaurants to the alleyway hidden small local food stalls to try our local delicacies which have won the heart of Hong Kong locals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Food and drink tastings at 4 locations (subject to change and availability)
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Tour will be conducted by our friendly professional English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council)
- Hotel meeting service by our professional guide
- Return to hotel accompanied by our professional guide
- No appointed shopping stop is involved
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks not belong to our tastings
- Transportation fees from your hotel to Prince Edward and from Mongkok back to your hotel
- Cost of transport or any food / drinks which you choose to buy during your tour.
- • Our friendly local guide will meet you at your hotel and take MTR to Prince Edward together
• We will start our tour with a tasty sampling dim sum meal at a little cozy Dim Sum restaurant. “Dim sum” – literally means “touch your heart”, are mostly “snack-sized” portion, served in a small bamboo containers, eaten together with Chinese tea.
• After filling our stomachs with these lovely dim sum, it’s time to kick this tour off on a fragrant note at the Flower Market, a jungle of colorful flowers, fragrant scents and luck-bringing houseplants spread out over 50 shops, it’s the perfect introduction to the markets in Kowloon.
• Right next to the fragrant Flower Market is the sonorous Yuen Po Street Bird Garden, a charming Chinese-style garden where you will hear melodious chirping from the hundreds of birds in more than 70 songbird stalls. You will see the elderlies carry their beloved birdies in intricate cages.
• We’ll head on over Fa Yuen Street – a popular non-touristy local street market where vendors sell bargain-priced clothes, bags, accessories and other household items. If you’re not up for bargaining, it’s still tons of fun to experience the atmosphere of the market.
• Near the Fa Yuen Street market is the Gold Fish market – with shops devoted to the raising of various kinds of gold fish, from the weird looked gold fish to the colorful tropical species, you will also impress the saltwater aquarium setups with coral. While we are by-passing the Gold Fish market, we will stop at two family-run tasting food stalls featuring Hong Kong’s classic food which may include samples of Sweet Tofu dessert (very silky smooth tofu with sweet syrup) and the marvelous fresh baked egg tarts or pineapple buns from the local bakery.
• In between our tastings, we will stop by an iconic wet market that offer a blast to the past.
• While we are in this bustling corner, our local guide will let you to have a sample tastings of various sorts of skewers and mini egg puffs or some local street snacks that you won’t even know what they are (but they are all safe to try).
• Our last stop will be the most popular open air market – Ladies Market. It offers products and souvenirs for everybody nowadays from T-shirts, watches, clocks, handbags, DVD, I Pod/I phone covers etc. Some stalls don’t have products but only catalog of luxury brands of handbags or watches but please be aware that these are fake watches and handbags and because it’s illegal selling, so they cannot put their watches or handbags there
• After your tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied and return to your hotel.
Departure Point :Our friendly foodie guide will pick you up at your staying hotel
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Our friendly foodie guide will accompany you back to your hotel or anywhere else in down town you planned
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you have food allergies, please let us know upon making booking, we will try to avoid and make alternative tastings for you
- Vegetarian option is also available, please advise us upon making reservation
- Minimum numbers of 2 paying adults are required to operate the tour
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) at no charge for every 2 paying adults, the 3rd child will be charged as an adult
- Near public transportation
- We offer a pick-up service for all guests who stay in a downtown hotel. Airport / Airport Hotels / Disney Hotel / New Territories including Shatin incur an out of city surcharge. If you couldn't find your hotel name on the list, please let us know upon making a reservation. After your tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied and return to your hotel.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.