Private Half-Day History Tour of Acropolis
Our guide will take you all the way to the south slope of the Acropolis where you will have the chance to admire Dionysus Sanctuary, Dionysus Theater and the Odeon of Herodus Atticus. The tour will continue through Acropolis most famous monuments, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Propylaia and the Temple of Nike. Following our visit at the Acropolis hill, our guide will take you to the museum entrance. Enjoy the museum’s gallery of slopes where the transparent floors reveal a maze of excavated sanctuaries and settlements. Discover the history behind the museum’s archaic gallery. Spend some time to admire the Caryatid Ladies. Take a stroll around the modern gallery containing the Parthenon procession which is the crown jewel of the new museum. Exploit the marvellous view to take magnificent photos of the Acropolis. At the end of your tour our guide will offer beverages and a Parthenon Tours souvenir.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
- Experienced licensed guide
- Surprise quality gift
- Beverages provided
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Discover the greatest architectural and artistic complex bequeathed by Greek antiquity to the world. Acropolis and its monuments are considered as universal symbols of the classical spirit and western civilization. These white Pentelic marble masterpieces are the crown jewels of Athens. Through this historical tour learn the secrets of Parthenon, the great temple dedicated to the goddess Athena, designed by Iktinos and Kallikrates, and erected by the ancient Athenians in the 5th century BC.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Discover the greatest architectural and artistic complex bequeathed by Greek antiquity to the world. Acropolis, its museum and monuments are considered as universal symbols of the classical spirit and western civilization. The new Acropolis Museum is regarded as one of the best museums in the world. As described in the New York Times the new museum is “one of the highest-profile cultural projects undertaken in Europe in this decade”. Ancient ruins are visible in its floor, and the Acropolis is always visible above through the museum's floor-to-ceiling windows. The cultural experience is supplemented by the museum restaurant that features superb panoramic views.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.