Private Half Day Desert Castles Excursion
Historic sights of eastern Jordan on a private excursion
3 renowned castles from the Umayyad dynasty
Qasr Amra, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site
Excellent examples of medieval Islamic architecture
Sweeping landscapes made famous by Lawrence of Arabia
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Admission fees
- Discover the legendary fortresses on the desert plains of eastern Jordan. Visit archeological highlights in the area, observing the diverse influences from a number of civilizations. Given this is a private excursion, your itinerary is flexible–speak to your driver to tailor the experience.
Journey out of Amman and into the arid landscape, soon arriving at an area rich with historical sites, castles, and other ruins of ancient cultures. Qasr Amra is a top highlight, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage site. Admire the frescoes on the ceilings as you explore one of the most important examples of early Islamist art and architecture.
Continue on your tour, perhaps taking your driver's informed recommendations. Maybe you see the architecturally diverse Qasr Kharana, built on Roman foundations but containing examples of Greek, Arabic, and Mesopotamian influences. Or maybe it's Qasr al-Azraq, used famously as the headquarters of TE Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia).
Utilize your driver's local knowledge to personalize the experience, uncovering the foundations of modern-day Jordan.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our Driver will pickup and drop-off you from your chosen hotel in Amman
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.