Private Guided Tour of Underground Rome Including the Capuchin Crypt and Catacombs
Explore the vast subterranean crypts and catacombs of Rome on this 3-hour guided tour. Visit the Catacombs ( with a Catacomb licensed guide), the Crypt of the Capuchins and more. Your guide will transport you from site to site and will use an iPad and other visual tools to help show you what the sites would’ve looked like in the past.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transportation between sites in car or van depending on group size
- Local taxes
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small group tour at the Catacombs
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Crypt of Capuchins
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe di Priscilla
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza Barberini, Junction of Via del Tritone Via Veneto, Via Quattro Fontane, Via Barberini, Rome Italy
After meeting your guide in Piazza Barberini, you will be guided through the underground world of Rome on a private 3-hour tour. See as many of the temples, homes, and cemeteries as possible in one half-day adventure.
Stop At: Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
Start at the 17th century Triton Fountain in Barberini Square, before continuing on to the Church of Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini and the Capuchin Crypt. See the five chambers of skeletal remains of almost 4,000 monks as well as the museum on site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catacombe di Priscilla, Via Salaria 430, 00199 Rome Italy
Then visit one of the Roman catacombs ( led by their guides with a small group tour for security reason), the underground layered cemeteries that surround the city walls. Lined with unique, handmade memorials, they are a treasure trove of early Christian murals and sculptures. Your tour will end in the city center of Rome.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza Barberini, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and select museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Approximately 1 km of total walking is involved
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the sites except water. However, you will be able to buy them from stores and eateries on the way
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note : the tour guide may accompany you there, but cannot tour you in there. Catacombs have their own tour guides for security reason.
- Please note: Catacombs can change according with the availability.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.