Private Guided Tour of Lucknow with Lunch
Lucknow is the capital of Uttar Pradesh in North India. It is a historically important city and for centuries was at the heart of the North Indian culture. It is also famed throughout India for its elaborate cuisine and exquisite shadow work embroidery. On your tour, you will learn about the fascinating history and culture of this city and enjoy an included lunch at a local restaurant.
• La Martiniere
• Lucknow Residency
• Asafi Imambara
• Clock Tower
• Lunch at a local restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Exclusive Guide to be with you all through the tour.
- Lunch at local restaurant (Beverage Excluded)
- Pick up / drop off within Lucknow city center.
- 02 bottles of mineral water.
- Walking Bag that will contain a bottled water (1lt), a few refreshments etc.
- Entry/Admission - La Martiniere College
- Entry/Admission - Bara Imambara
- Entry/Admission - Rumi Darwaza
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Martiniere College, La Martiniere Road, Lucknow 226001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel at 10:00 AM within the Lucknow city center. You will have an exclusive private guided city tour in an air conditioned vehicle. Lucknow is known for its history, culture and cuisine. The city has British Raj era buildings and two mausoleums. This capital of Uttar Pradesh is sometimes overlooked by travelers but it offers plenty of sights to visit and is famed throughout India for its food.
Visit the prestigious boarding school, La Martiniere. This was built by Frenchman Claude Martin as his palatial home.
You will also visit the Lucknow Residency. The gardens and ruins offer a glimpse into the beginning of the end for the British Raj. The Residency was the site of the dramatic events of the First War of Independence (Indian Uprising) in 1857. You can visit the museum and cemetery.
See the tombs of Nawab Sadat Ali Khan and his wife. The architecture is an example of Indo-Syrian style.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bara Imambara, Lucknow 226003 India
One of the well known sites of Lucknow is the Asafi Imambara. It was built in 1775 by Nawab Asaf-ud-Daula. At the time a famine broke out in the city. It is said that the people would not accept alms so the Nawab began the construction of this Imambara Complex to provide employment to his people. The complex has a hall. a mosque, gardens and a step well. Also you can find a labyrinth to the left of the central hall. It leads to a network of narrow passageways that wind their way inside the upper floors of the structure and lead out to rooftop balconies.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rumi Darwaza, Husainabad Trust Road, Lucknow 226003 India
The Rumi Darwaza is said to be a copy of an entrance gate in Istanbul. You will have a photo stop at the 220 foot tall red brick Clock Tower. It is said to be the tallest in India, built in 1880 in memory of Sir George Couper.
This tour includes lunch at a local restaurant. At the conclusion of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel in Lucknow.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Amausi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226009, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates daily at 1000 Hrs [flexible start time though] – Pick-up from your hotel* in the city; Min 6 hour tour, but can be altered to specific requirements. Drop off at the hotel/airport/railway station after the tour).
- *(Except Ramada, all hotels included. Extra supplement for Ramada may be charged due to long distance from the main city)
- Dress code – Temples/ Mosque are a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambiance one must follow the below dress code within temple complex:
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length
- Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.