Private Guided Tour in National Archives Building
Discover the United States’ turbulent history through works preserved in the National Archives. This 1.5 to 2 hour private guided museum tour explores the documents and letters that have built this very young, yet extremely influential world power.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 1.5 - 2 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The National Archives Museum, 700 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20408-0001
Enter the neoclassical building that acts as a temple to American history. Once inside, your expert guide will take you through the National Archives Rotunda to learn about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution while observing the original documents. These papers, alongside the Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, are all signed by the prominent statesmen and founding fathers like Alexander Hamilton. Moving to the Public Vaults Exhibits, you’ll come face to face with letters from George Washington and John F. Kennedy. You’ll even see the Emancipation Proclamation, which, in 1863, led to the abolishment of slavery. Finally, in the Rubenstein Gallery, you’ll examine more historical documents like the Magna Carta of 1297, written well before the United States was even conceived, yet pivotal in influencing the other documents that you’ll experience in the Archives. By the end, you will have witnessed firsthand the humble documentation that created the world’s most powerful country.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., 600 Independence Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :National Archives Museum, 701 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20408, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- Notes: National Archives and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.