Private Guided Tour by tuk tuk of Durango and Atxondo
The best way to see beautiful valley of Atxondo and have fun on the way!
From the historic old town of Durango to lovely Atxondo, with the Urkiola mountains as a stunning backdrop.
You will enjoy beautiful scenery in a typical Basque rural setting, with farmhouses and sheep on the mountains, historic buildings and the pretty villages of Axpe and Arrazola.
Feel the breeze as you tootle up and down the hills and valleys, with mountain views all the way. Get close to our local area in a relaxed and easy way, stopping off when you want to stretch your legs and take a photo.
Rober will meet you from the train at Durango station, on the Euskotren line between Bilbao and San Sebastián. You are welcome to combine various routes to make a longer tour with a stop for lunch at a local restaurant and pick up in the afternoon – please see ‘Discover the Duranguesado’ for a combined tour of various pretty routes around the Durango area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up from Durango train station, midway between Bilbao and San Sebastián
- Basque-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch and other meals arranged with local recommended restaurants, with pick-up when you are ready to continue your tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Atxondo, Atxondo, Province of Vizcaya, Basque Country
Tour for two of the beautiful Atxondo valley, our own 'little Switzerland', up and down the hills between Durango, Arrazola and Axpe with the dramatic backdrop of the Urkiola mountains. You will see the Muntsaraz tower and rural parts of Abadiño en route to Axpe and Arrazola. Optional walk along the old mining trainline now converted into a walking route (Vía Verde/bide gorri de Arrazola). Lovely mountain views, industrial history of the tungsten mines, gastronomical interest re Asador Etxebarri (Axpe) and the local honey cooperative. Pick up and drop off from Durango train station (Euskotren line between Bilbao and San Sebastián) or Eguzki B&B.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Geltoki Kalea, 48200 Durango, Bizkaia, Spain
2: Eguzki B&B, Eguzkitza 12B, 48200 Durango, Vizcaya, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- 2 passenger seats, minimum height of 1m for children, children to be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- As the tuk tuk is open on both sides masks are only required on visiting indoor areas. Guide has completed Covid-safe training course run by the Spanish Tourism Ministry.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.