Private Guangzhou Lay Over Tour with 9 Options
This private tour is ideal for those who want to see Guangzhou during your lay over. You will explore the well-known sites from nine options depending on your lay over time, including the original site of the Tomb of the Nanyue King of the Western Han Period, Academy of Chen Clan, Shamian Island, and Dr. Sunyat-sen Memorial Hall etc. The airport pick-up and drop-off are included in Guangzhou.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- airport pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Canton Tower
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Silk Road Trips, 185 Road Xiaobei, Yuexiu District Suite 816, Guangzhou 510000 China
The tour operator for day tours and activities in Guangzhou and other cities in China.
Stop At: Canton Tower, No.222 Yuexiang West Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou China
This Private lay over tour will let you explore the well-known attractions. Your guide will pick up you from Guangzhou airport from 8am to 1pm. Then you will start to visit 5 or 6 attractions in the city Guangzhou depending on your lay over time. Afterwards you will be transferred back to Guangzhou airport where the trip concludes.
Nine attractions to choose.
1. Dr Sunyat-sen Memorial Hall (30 minutes to visit)
It is a traditional Chinese architectural building to commemorate Dr Sun Yat-sen.
2. Museum of the Tomb of the Nanyue King of the Western Han Period (1.5 hours to visit)
You will visit the original tomb that was excavated in 1983 while constructing a hotel here. The tomb proves the long history of Guangzhou that can be tracked back to 2,200 years ago. There is an exhibition hall to display all kinds of relics excavated in both the tomb and Guangzhou.
3. Academy of Chen Clan, or The Chen Clan Ancestral Hall(1 hour to visit)
It is an academic temple built by the 72 Chen clans for their juniors' accommodation and preparation for the imperial examinations in 1894 during Qing Dynasty. It is a complex with traditional Canton architecture style which is notable for its rich decoration including a large collection of wood carving, stone carving, brick carving, pottery, plaster and iron engraving.
4. Shamian Island (40 minutes to visit)
You will wander around the European architectural style area which was former colony for British and French 100 years ago.
5. Yuexiu Park (1 hour to visit)
It is a largest city park in the downtown of Guangzhou. You will view the 5-ram statue and Zhenhai Tower and old city wall in the park.
6. Guangxiao Temple (40 minutes to visit)
It is one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Guangzhou. There are well-preserved old buildings, statues, and old trees etc.
7. Six Banyan Temple (30 minute to visit)
It is one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Guangzhou, and its early history can be traced back to 1500 years ago. The Flower Pagoda is the main structure in the temple.
8. Beijing Road (1 hour to visit)
It is one of the 10 pedestrian shopping streets in China. There are ancient pavements built during different dynasties under the modern road to prove the long history around this area. It is wonderful place for shopping as well.
9. Canton Tower (One hour to visit)
It is the third highest TV tower TV tower in the world with a height of 600 meters. If you want to go up the Tower, admission cost is on your own.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up from centrally located Guangzhou hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.