Private Getaway Tour from Bogota • Hummingbirds & Salt Cathedral
There is a hidden place to watch hummingbirds flying freely just 2 hours away from Bogotá. Want to discover it? What about mixing it up with a must-see? Join us on this Alternative Getaway Day Tour from Bogotá and explore a Hummingbirds Observatory & the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá. This fascinating trip will open your eyes to our cultural and natural treasures.
Fall under the magical spell of the breathtaking hummingbird observatory, a hidden gem up in the Andes Mountains. This is a place where the birds fly freely while you enjoy the moment and the excitement of seeing them less than 1 meter away. After, enjoy a delicious lunch at Balú, an awarded restaurant.
Continue this journey into the Salt Cathedral, Colombia´s famous wonder and consider to be one of our greatest architecture achievements.
Throughout the tour, enjoy a big amount of storytelling, as we love to share our history, culture, personal stories, traditions, fun facts and more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Open menu lunch (Main dish and soft drink)
- Entrance fee to all attractions
- Guided tour inside the Salt Cathedral
- Tour insurance
- Private tour
- Face Mask and Hand Sanitizer
- Entry/Admission - Observatorio de Colibries
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Observatorio de Colibries, Variante el Frailejonal, La Calera 251207 Colombia
Go up the Andes Mountain Range that surrounds Bogotá and admire a unique panoramic view! Enter to a small hummingbird paradise and have the privilege to watch this awesome and curious birds flying freely!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Balu Cocina, Cl. 93b ##18-42, Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Relax and enjoy an all-inclusive open menu lunch at this cozy restaurant owned by Pipo & Anita. Young chefs that use forgotten local ingredients to develop a unique approach to local gastronomy.
*Are you vegan or vegetarian? No problem! This restaurant has great options for you to choose from.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Zipaquira, Zipaquira, Cundinamarca Department
Arrive to this beautiful colonial town and discover it’s indiginous legacy.
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
Go inside this beautiful subterranean temple located 180 meters (590 feets) underground! Uncover the secret stories of the miners and their devotion. Walk through the 14 stations of the Via Crucis, and uncover their hidden messages and symbolisms in their salt sculptures and light games.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will be waiting for you at your hotel lobby.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.