Private Full-Day Tour: Umm Qais and Ajloun from Dead Sea
Umm Qais apart from being home to unique Roman ruins it also offers far reaching views over the Northern Jordan Valley, the Sea of Galilee, and the Golan Heights. Walk around the Black Stoned ruins and along the Roman roads where you can still see the chariot marks on the limestone. Also visit the Ottoman Governor’s House which was restored and opened as a museum. Proceed your tour by driving through a beautiful pine-forest and olive groves to visit the Medieval Castle of Ajlun built by the Muslims during the 12th Century in the time of Saladin for defensive. There are two theories for the name of Ajlun either (iron) as there was iron material in the area or because it was built on top of a monastery after the priest name. .
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private return transfers by air-conditioned vehicle according to number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Local English-speaking guide at Umm Qais
- Entry/Admission - Ajloun Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- Local guide where not mentioned
- All type of meals, beverages and water
- Infant meals
- Entrance fees to additional sites
- Any other service not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ajloun Nature Reserve, Ajlun Jordan
Depart from Dead Sea hotel to visit Umm Qais where the Ottoman Governor’s House has been restored and opened as a museum. Umm Qais offers beautiful views over the Northern Jordan Valley, the Sea of Galilee, and the Golan Heights. Start the visit walking the "docomanos" street that leads to the theater which is different than other roman theaters since this one is directed west instead of north. Proceed to the "basilica" church to see its octagonal altar which was a temple. Continue to the main street "Cardomaximo" which means the main street. The direction of this street is from east to west, usually the Roman streets are from north to south. It is a unique Roman city different than Jerash another Roman city in Jordan worth the visit. Proceed to visit the city of Ajlun to visit the Islamic Castle of the 12th Century in the time of Saladin.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotels in the Dead Sea areaDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No refund for any unused services by the clients.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.