Private full day tour to Sigiriya Rock fortress and Polonnaruwa from Kandy
This tour gives you an opportunity to explore two most important UNESCO world heritage sites in Sri Lanka, the second kingdom of Polonnaruwa and the Rock fortress of Sigiriya. You will be amazed by the ancient architecture and magnificent buildings and their ruins in these two historical Kingdoms.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional English speaking guide
- Lunch at a local Restaurant
- All current taxes
- Bottled water
- Entrance / Admission for Polonnaruwa & Sigiriya
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Polonnaruwa, Polonnaruwa, North Central Province
Arrive at Polonnaruwa and take a morning cycling tour of one of the better-kept ruins of ancient Ceylon – the UNESCO World Heritage City of Polonnaruwa, which was the medieval capital of Sri Lanka. Today you will be cycling about 10km on soft surfaces as you whizz between the ruins. The ancient heart of Sri Lanka. An important royal capital with its well-preserved 12th-century ruins & impressive stone culture recalls an inspired past. Although nearly 1000 years old, it is much younger than Anuradhapura and generally in better repair. The monuments are arranged in a reasonably compact garden setting and their development is easier to follow.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
In the afternoon, you can visit Sigiriya rock fortress. It is a magnificent archeological site locates in central Sri Lanka built by King Kasyapa in 477 – 495 AD and it’s a popular tourist destination among the photography tourists. Visible for miles in all directions 600 feet rock stands high above the surrounding plain with magnificent complex gardens, pools and fountains. Path through the gardens along Stone stairways come to the Lon Gate which is now degenerate to massive pair of brick paws. Only the paws remain from the huge head of a lion. Half way up to the rock along the iron staircase is the mirror wall and its frescoes beautifully drawn Maidens still seen today. These paintings would have covered most of the western face of the rock. However many more have been wiped out.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.