Private Full Day Tour to Jerash, Madaba, and Mount Nebo from Amman
Discover ancient civilizations from the Roman Empire and beyond on this private day tour to Jerash, Madaba, and Mount Nebo from Amman. Follow your private guide through the streets of Jerash Greco – Roman city, widely considered among the best-preserved of all the world’s ancient Roman cities. With your private guide to lead the way, choose your route to see the attractions of most interest. Admire plazas, temples, theaters, and colonnaded avenues under the ancient Roman rule. Discover settlements dating from the Bronze and Iron Age, and gaze back over 2,500 years. Proceed to Madaba and Mount Nebo. Visit Saint George’s Church in Madaba, home to beautiful Byzantine mosaics depicting the Holy Land and Jordan. Enjoy panoramic views over the Jordan Valley to Jericho and Jerusalem from Mount Nebo. Explore the ruins of a Byzantine church that once stood on the hilltop, and gain insight into biblical legend for which this ancient corner of the world is famous.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Entrance fees to Jerash and Mount Nebo; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Entrance to Madaba Saint George Church, Archaeological Museum; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Entrance fees to Madaba Saint John Church; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Local English-Speaking Guide at Jerash and Madaba Saint George Church,
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Oval Plaza
- Entry/Admission - The Church of Saint George
- Entry/Admission - Madaba Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church
- Entry/Admission - Mount Nebo
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Jerash, Jerash, Jerash Governorate
Begin your private tour with a pick up from your central Amman hotel, and travel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle to Jerash with your own private English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide.
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Wander among the original temples, theaters, plazas, paths, and colonnaded streets. Within the city walls have been found the remains of settlements dating from the Bronze Age, the Iron Age, the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Umayyad, and Abbasid periods; indicating human occupation at this location for more than 2,500 years. A local English-Speaking Guide will be included for your classic 2 hours visit of this Roman Decapolis City of Jerash.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oval Plaza, Archaeological Site Jerash, Jerash 26173 Jordan
This ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered by sand for centuries until its remnants were discovered in 1806 A.D. Head through the ancient city gate and walk around the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales about the city. See its arches, theaters, and elegant colonnaded street. Snap photos of the stunning Oval Plaza, the Temples of Zeus and Artemis, as well as the intriguing egg-shaped public square framed by standing columns.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Church of Saint George, K. Talal St., Madaba 17110 Jordan
Travel to Madaba, known for its exquisite Byzantine mosaics. After roughly an hour, arrive in Madaba and head inside Saint George’s Church with a local guide. This 19th-century Greek Orthodox basilica is home to the famous Madaba Mosaic Map, a 6th-century A.D. floor mosaic that depicts the ancient Holy Land and Jordan. Gaze at this masterpiece and its richly detailed renderings of Jerusalem, Jericho, the Dead Sea, and other biblical sites as your guide explains how it was unearthed in 1897 A.D.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Madaba Archaeological Park, Hussein bin Ali Street, Madaba 17110 Jordan
Proceed to the open-air museum known as the Archaeological Park, which houses a collection of ruins and mosaics like the Church of Virgin Mary and other floor house mosaics.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church, Prs. Haya St., Madaba 17110 Jordan
Visit the historic Catholic Church of Saint John the Baptist, with its beautiful Bell Tower for a breath-taking view of Madaba. Visit its underground museum memorial of Saint John the Baptist.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Nebo, Madaba Jordan
Having admired the mosaic, drive to Mount Nebo, the hill where according to the bible, Moses was not only granted a view of the Holy Land, but also died. Take in the stunning views from the summit that extend over the Jordan Valley, and on a clear day, can stretch as far as Jericho and Jerusalem. Visit the Byzantine Franciscan Church that once graced the hilltop. Here, archaeologists have uncovered a series of floor mosaics dating from between the 4th and 6th century A.D. Marvel at these intricate artworks with their still-vivid illustrations of peacocks, soldiers, horses, and hunters; as your guide shares facts about their creation and discovery. After your visit of this marvelous Franciscan Monastery of Mount Nebo, return to your vehicle and make the drive back to Amman. Your tour concludes with a drop-off at your Amman hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.