Private Full Day Tour of Shantiniketan from Kolkata
Shantiniketan embodies Rabindranath Tagore’s vision of a place of learning that is unfettered by religious and regional barriers. Established with the aim of helping education go beyond the confines of the classroom, Santiniketan grew into the Visva Bharati University in 1921, attracting some of the most creative minds in the country.
"From its very inception, Shantiniketan was lovingly modelled by Tagore on the principles of humanism, internationalism and a sustainable environment."
• Visit & Explore the small town of Santiniketan in West Bengal, home of famous Indian writer Rabindranath Tagore
• Enter the world of peace and serenity by as you tour around Santiniketan
• Get to visit the places and old buildings where Tagore left his mark
• Enjoy hassle-free transportation to and from Kolkata By Private Air Conditioner Car
• Professional Tour Guide
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel/Airport/Railway Station Pick-up & Drop.
- Chauffeur Driven A/C Private Vehicle for Full Day Tour of Shantiniketan.
- Fuel (Petrol/Diesel/Gasoline), Parking Charges, Toll Taxes & Interstate Taxes.
- Professional, friendly, Expert Tour Guide
- Bottled water
- All Government Taxes (GST)
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Hotel Accommodation
- Monument Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- TIPS & Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Early Morning at 8 AM , Driver will received you and heading towards to Shantiniketan accompanied with Professional, Friendly and Expert Tour Guide.
Upon Arrival you will Visit and Exploring Tagore’s Shantiniketan, an Abode of Learning Unlike Any in the World.
Top attractions of Shantiniketan
When you walk through the area, you will see the first building was actually a guest house built by Maharshi Devendranath Tagore (a father of Rabindranath Tagore) in 1863. It was named Shantiniketan. This entire place was later named after Shantiniketan. Numerous buildings here are associated with Tagores such as Shantiniketan, Nutan Bari, Dehali and Amra Kunj where schoolâ€™s main functions are held.
Timings: It is closed on Wednesday
It was used to be a meditation or prayer place under the Chhatim tree of Maharshi Devendranath Tagore.
It is basically a prayer hall where prayers are offered in the evening with the candles lit around the prayer Hall. It is made of several colored Belgium glasses with marble steps on all the four sides.
The complex has a well laid out garden houses various buildings associated with Rabindranath Tagore where he used to live, namely Udayan,Konark,Shyamli,Punascha and Udichi. Architecture of the buildings is worth seeing.
Timings: It is closed on Wednesday
Afterwards you can have your Lunch as per your choice of restaurant. We'll surely suggest you where to eat if you want, (Otherwise Proceed for Continued Sightseeing )
Post Lunch, Driver will take you and Continue your Sightseeing of other attractions in Shantiniketan.
Rabindra Bhaban Museum:
The museum called Bichitra houses Tagoreâ€™s original manuscripts, letter, documents, The Nobel Prize medallion, Plaques, Paintings, and Photographs etc. It was constructed in 1961.
Timings: 10.30AM to 4.30PM. It is closed on Wednesday.
Amar Kutir: The place where all types of hadicrafts like cloth/leather batiks, handlooms etc. are available.
In the Evening and
After seeing the major attractions of Shantiniketan we will move you back to Kolkata.
On arrivals at Kolkata and with lots of good memories of the tour driver will drop off you at your designated place in Kolkata.
Departure Point :Quick-O-City, 10A Kapalitola Lane Suit - 4B , Bhagwati Connect, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700012 India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.