Private Full Day Tour of Old and New Delhi
This is a full day private guided tour of New Delhi and Old Delhi. It is an 8-hour tour of the city in a private car with a driver and a tour guide. I firmly believe that this is the best way to explore all the colors and aspects of Delhi in one day.
- Visit the impressive temples of Delhi such as Birla Temple, Lotus Temple and Sikh Temple
- Admire historical sites and notable monuments such as the Red Fort, Humayun's Tomb, and Qutub Minar
- Get the true local experience with a stroll through a bustling bazaar in Old Delhi
- Experience (and taste!) The local food of our city.
- Sample local Delhi cuisine and visit a mix of street stalls, markets, sweet shops and restaurants
- Learn about tradition and transformation as you explore Old Delhi vs. New Delhi.
- Experience the famous Rickshaw ride in Old Town.
- Meet local people and interact with them.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Chips and cookies in the car.
- mask and disinfectant
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Fuel surcharge
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Parking Fees
- Guide Fee
- Chauffeur Fee
What's excluded :
- entrance fees to monuments
- Bicycle rickshaw rates
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Friday Mosque (Jama Masjid), 6 km North of Connaught Pl. across from Lal Qila, New Delhi India
This is the largest mosque in India, built by Emperor Shahjahan, the founder of the Taj Mahal.
The holy relics of the Prophet Muhammad are preserved here, and it shows the importance of this place.
There is no entrance fee to this mosque, but they charge 300 INR for each chamber.
All foreign ladies are advised to wear a simple robe which will be provided by the mosque authorities.
This place is a good example of Indo-Islamic architecture.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
Chandni Chowk or Moonlight Market is the largest street market in the world, built by Shahjahan's daughter in the 17th century.
I will take you to this place on a Rikshaw bike ride and we will explore the colorful narrow streets of Chandni Chowk.
A short walk is also planned to see some heritage buildings in this old market.
Another stop in this market will be "Parantha Wali Gali", a street famous for food. We can try some parantha.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Khari Baoli, India
Indian food is all about spices and masala. Khari Baoli is the largest spice market in North India with over 3000 shops selling spices, tea and coffee, dried nuts, sweets, pickles, masala and many more.
We will be there to smell the spices and feel the vibes of this place.
I'll take you for a quick ride.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Red Fort, Netaji Subhash Marg, New Delhi 110002 India
The Red Fort was the residence of the Mughal royal family for more than two centuries, but was captured by the British in the mid-19th century. Therefore, many royal palaces were demolished by the British Raj, but we still have a few palaces to see.
This is a UNESCO World Heritage site and I will take you there to explore this magnificent fort on foot. The defensive wall of the fort will hypnotize you.
Stop At: India Gate, Rajpath Near Connaught Place New Delhi, New Delhi 110001 India
This is a war memorial, built by the British in 1931. It is a very famous monument in my city. It is inspired by Arco-de-triomphe.
I'll take you for a little tour of India.
Other things to see nearby
1. King George Memorial
2. National War Memorial
3. Tomb of unknown soldiers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Rashtrapati Bhawan, President's Estate, New Delhi, Delhi, India
This is our president's house, built in the early 20th century by the British.
Normally tourists are not allowed to enter the house but we can explore it from outside.
It is a great place for photographs and imperial architecture.
I'll take you for a little walk if I get a permit; otherwise just drive pass.
Pass By: Sansad Marg Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
This is the largest democratic parliament building in the world.
We will pass through this place, we cannot stop. But we can take some photos from the president's house, it's not far.
Stop At: Agrasen Ki Baoli - Leamigo, Hailey Road, K.G. Marg Block G,22 Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, New Delhi 110001 India
This is a stepped well, built in the 8th century by King Agrasen, a king of the Seine dynasty.
Many tourists have never heard of a stepped well. but on this trip we will explore a magnificent stepped wall in Delhi and Jaipur.
There are about 100 steps to go down to get water.
If you can hike great otherwise you can take some photos from the top.
It is a very interesting place.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Ashoka Road Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001 India
This is the largest Sikh temple in Delhi. It is a great place to learn about Sikh culture and heritage.
It has a beautiful sacred lake and a great kitchen.
I'll take you to the temple to see the prayer live and then we'll explore the kitchen that serves over 30,000 people every day.
If you want, you can also volunteer in the kitchen with me for a few minutes. Believe me, it has brought a lot of satisfaction and happiness ..
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Humayun's Tomb, Mathura Road Opp Nizamuddin Mosque, New Delhi 110013 India
Humayun was the second Mughal emperor of India. This tomb was built by his wife Hamida Bano begam.
This is also the UNESCO World Heritage site, located in New Delhi.
Some historical accounts say that the Taj Mahal was inspired by Humayun's tomb, it has many characteristics in common with the Taj Mahal.
We will take you on a historical tour of this site.
Other things to see in this complex.
1. Tomb of Isa Khan
2. Barber's grave
3. Tomb of Bu-Halima
4. Arab ki Sarai and mosque
This is a great site to see Persian architecture and a good photo opportunity.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lotus Temple Rd, Bahapur, Shambhu Dayal Bagh, Kalkaji Near Kalkaji Temple, East of Nehru Place, New Delhi 110019 India
Lotus Temple is a Bahá'í house of worship, built by the Bahá'í community of India. Baha'i is a new world religion that was founded by the prophet Baháʼu'lláh, who was born in Iran. This is one of the fastest growing religions in the world.
This temple is inspired by the Sydney Opera House.
We will take you inside the temple to explore the temple. You can meet Bahá'í people or you can also visit the information center during our visit to this temple.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Qutub Minar, Qutb Minar, Mehrauli, New Delhi 110030 India
This is a UNESCO World Heritage site, located in the ancient city of Laal kot in South Delhi.
This is the largest tower in India and it is almost 800 years old.
We start our day with the Qutub Minar archaeological complex.
Things to see here ...
1. Qutub Minar
2. Alai Minar
3. Tomb of Iltutmish
4. First cemetery
5. First mosque
6. Tomb of Ala-ud-din Khilji
7. Madrasa (school)
8. Iron pillar (4th century pillar)
9. Alai Darvaza
10. Tomb of Imam Zamin and many more archaeological sites.
All of these sites are located within the Qutub complex.
I will take you to explore all the places and we will also explain about each site.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are fully flexible to pick you up from any corner of my city. Please provide your hotel name and address or your flight details.Airports
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, Delhi 110037, India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.