Private Full-Day Tour of Mont-Saint-Michel from Caen
Discover one of France’s most stunning attractions during this 10-hour, full-day tour of Mont-Saint-Michel. The UNESO World Heritage Site draws millions of visitors every year for its coastal, Gothic splendor. On this private tour, meet your guide in the city of Caen in the morning, after taking a train from Paris. Following breakfast and a brief tour of Caen, hop in a private minivan and make your way to Mont-Saint-Michel. After the tour, enjoy some calvados and sausage in a village nearby before taking an evening train back to Paris.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel
- Entry/Admission - La Chapelle-Saint-Aubert
- Entry/Admission - Scriptorial d'Avranches, musee des manuscrits du Mont Saint-Michel
- Entry/Admission - Cornille Havard - Fondeur de Cloches
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Train tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel, Bp 22 Au sommet du village, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
I will meet you at 9 AM at your place in Caen or Bayeux and drive you all the way to the Marvel.
On the way to Mt St-Michel (or on the way back according to the weather) we'll see the beauty of the Emerald Coast and I will tell you all the history of the Mont, its well kept secrets and forbidden stories.
At around 10AM we will arrive there and start our tour.
The tour will lead us to visit and explore the Abbey, the Church, the Monastery.
You will learn about the pilgrims and the history of France throughout the centuries.
After a complete tour of the Mont you'll enjoy the world famous omelette of the Mere Poulard.
After the Mont St Michel, I will drive you to Avranches to see the ancient manuscripts made by the monks from Medieval Times to the French Revolution.
There I will also show you the relic of Aubert, the founder of the Mont 1300 years ago.
Then let's go to Villedieu Les Poeles see how church bells are made in a unique factory keeping this medieval tradition.
Back by 6-7PM
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: La Chapelle-Saint-Aubert, Mont-Saint-Michel France
See the oldest building of the Mont St Michel at low tide, the Aubert chapel built around 711CE
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Scriptorial d'Avranches, musee des manuscrits du Mont Saint-Michel, Place d'Estouteville, 50300 Avranches France
Learn about the medieval manuscripts of the Mont St Michel.
These books displayed are over 1000 years old.
Learn about how the monks worked at the Mont St Michel Abbey.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cornille Havard - Fondeur de Cloches, 11 rue du Pont Chignon, 50800 Villedieu-les-Poeles France
Learn about church bell making, a tradition passing generation from generation for centuries.
You'll learn everything about how church bells are made, and if you're lucky you'll even see one being casted.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :14000 Caen, France
Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel or accommodation within 30km radius from CAENAirports
- Caen – Carpiquet Airport, Route de Caumont, 14650 Carpiquet, France
- Capitainerie Caen Ouistreham, Terre-Plein de l'Écluse, 14150 Ouistreham, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please specify any dietary requirements at time of booking
- Price is per car with a maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Tour Guide and Driver will wear a mask and/or a safety shield and virus safety shield is installed in the Van
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.