Private Full Day Tour Madaba Mount Nebo and Mukawir from Dead Sea
Meet your guide at the Dead Sea and get ready for an exciting full-day trip to Jordan, specifically to visit Mount Nebo and Madaba. Begin by gawking at the incredible ancient mosaic map of Jordan in Madaba before ascending Mount Nebo, the spot where Moses was said to have died. Drink in the amazing views of the Jordan Valley and Dead Sea from here. Later, ascend yet another hill, this time Mukawir, the location of the execution of John the Baptist.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop -off
- Private Transfer by a air conditioned vehicle according to the number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Local English-speaking guide for visit in Madaba Saint George’s Church and Mount Nebo
- Entry/Admission - Mukawir
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Local guide, unless specified
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- SIM cards and Wi-Fi upon request (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madaba, Madaba, Madaba Governorate
Depart from Dead Sea in the comfort of a private vehicle. The first stop is the city of Madaba, known for its intricate and ancient mosaics; the most popular and well known is the ancient mosaic map of Jordan and the Holy Land of the 6th century in the Saint George Orthodox Church, marked with the points of interest of some historical stories recorded in the Bible. Then climb up Mount Nebo where the Prophet Moses is said to have died. Enjoy the view of the Holy Land and the Jordan Valley, and visit the mosaics found inside the church of Mount Nebo.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mukawir, Madaba Jordan
Proceed on to Mukawir (Machaerus), a fortified hilltop palace located in Jordan, about 15 miles (24 kilometers) southeast of the mouth of the Jordan River on the eastern side of the Dead Sea. According to Flavius Josephus, it is the location of the imprisonment and execution of John the Baptist. According to the chronology of the Bible, this infamous execution took place in 32 AD shortly before the Passover, following an imprisonment of two years. The site also provides the setting for four additional New Testament characters: Herod the Great; his son, Tetrach Herod Antipas; his second wife, Princess Herodias, and her daughter, Princess Salome.
The tour concludes when you arrive back at the Dead Sea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel in Dead SeaDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.