Private Full-Day Textile Tour Excursion from Hyderabad
This 9-hour private guided excursion takes you to the The Magic of a Weaving Village - Pochampally - a small village located in the outskirts of Hyderabad surrounded by hills and lush green fields is the place where threads and colors find their way into the hands of skillful weavers and meander into the market as beautiful sarees and dress materials. Pochampally is a typical weaving village known for its ‘ikkat’ tie-and-dye weaving. Meet the Weavers, watch the process of weaving ikkat sarees. Visit the Pochampally museum, a short walk along the lake and a visit to the House with 101 doors.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Hotel / airport pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-condition vehicle
- Professional English speaking private guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pochampalli, 40 Kms from Hyderabad on Vijaywada Highway, Hyderabad 500013 India
Morning at 9am pick up from your Hotel or your desired location in Hyderabad and leave for a Full-Day guided excursion to the Weaving Village of Pochampally (02 hrs drive from Hyderabad) - where one observes a mix of tradition, modernity, culture, history and of course the famous IKKAT. The village is widely known for the Pochampally sarees. The town of beautiful craft is garnered by lush greenery and hills. This scenic habitat has place in UNESCO’s list of world heritage sites as part of ‘Iconic saree weaving cluster in India’.
Pochampally has traditional looms, whose design is more than a century-old. Basking under the glory on par with the weavers of other places, Pochampally weave is popularly known as tie and dye weave. The uniqueness lies in the transfer of design and colouring onto warp and weft threads first and then weaves them together. The fabric is usually cotton, silk and sico - a mix of silk and cotton. Increasingly, the colours themselves are from natural sources and their blends. The consumer-weaver interactions provide inputs for new designs. The weavers from the older and new generation have shown resilience and adapted themselves to the changing tastes of the consumers.
Visit the weavers, spend time getting to know them, their lifestyle and the process of weaving ikkat. Head for some traditional lunch (own expense) and then visit the Pochampally museum followed by a short walk along the lake and a visit to the House with 101 doors!
Around 4pm Your tour ends and you drive back to Hyderabad and drop-off by 6pm to your hotel or other desired location in Hyderabad.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from Your Hotel / Hyderabad Airport or your desired location in Hyderabad
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.