Private Full Day Tay Phuong Duong Lam Tour From Hanoi
Highlight: This is an exclusive discovery feature of Indochina Charm Travel. Together with visiting Tay Phuong, one of the ten best pagodas in Vietnam, you will enjoy a great bike ride through villages and rice fields in the rural area around the Pagoda. Then visit Duong Lam - the most ancient village in the Red River Delta – the place so called as Hoian of Red River Delta. Enjoy a home hosted lunch in the beautiful ancient house in the village.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer by private air-conditioned vehicle;
- English speaking guide;
- Local bike use,
- Home hosted lunch (included one drink)
- Water & towels on the car/van/coach
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Other meals, tip, drinks, single room, personal expenses, insurance.
- Price are not valid for Tet Holiday. Surcharge on Tet Holiday (23-28 Jan 2020): 30% of total price
- Morning we will take one hour drive to Tay Phuong, one of ten most beautiful pagodas in Vietnam. Located on the top of the hill, this pagoda is very famous about the collection of Buddha and Arhat statues from 17th century and unique architecture. Then take 45 minutes bike ride the rural area nearby the Pagoda through green rice field, local villages. This is the great chances for you to discover the daily life activities in the Red River Delta, interact to local people and feel the real atmosphere of rural area. After that, back to the car for driving to the ancient village of Duong Lam, the place so called “Hoi An of the Red River Delta” as still preserve many hundred-year-old houses constructed by laterite stone – the unique material just can be found in this area. That is the reason why Duong Lam also has the name “The laterite ancient village”. Upon arrival, take the pleasant walk by the gate of the village to Mong Phu Communal House. This is one of very few village gates still remained intact locates by the old Banyan Tree as the typical image of the village in the Red River Delta. After visiting the Communal House, just take a seat at the tea house nearby and enjoy some local fresh green tea and special candy made from sticky rice flake. This is the oldest Tea House in Vietnam as the villagers made used of the spare material from constructing the Communal House to build this Tea House from 400 years ago. Then our guide will take you to walk along some small alleys in the village. The village has constructed very special system of alleys in “fish bone” style that every single alley comes to death end for the security reason. That could be the reason why many families in the village still using the old gate with the handle from outside to help the guests open the gate themselves. The walk will concluded by the visit of the most beautiful ancient house in the village of Mr. Huyen family and enjoy the authentic home hosted lunch prepare by hospitable people in his family.
After lunch, we will take another bike ride in the rural area around the village that lead you to green rice field, interesting resting house had been constructed hundred years ago for people working on the field to rest in the shade and breeze in the hot summer day. You also can visit the thousand year old tree line that had been recognized as Heritage Trees in Vietnam before coming back to the village for the drive back to Hanoi. Return to the city in the late afternoon.Tour Concluded.
Departure Point :Old Quarter hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.