Private Full-Day Siena San Gimignano and Chianti from Florence
• Experience for your private group •
With this fascinating tour you will discover a unique part of Tuscany in a private day-trip from Florence. With an expert local driver/guide, immerse yourself in the renowned Chianti wine region and explore the cities of Siena and San Gimignano. You will tour historic landmarks such as Piazza del Campo in Siena, home to the annual Palio, and the medieval towers of San Gimignano. Add an optional, unforgettable lunch to savor traditional Tuscan wines and specialties in a local organic farm or winery!
• 8/9-hr Full-Day private tour of Tuscany
• Travel in a Mercedes-Benz minivan
• Pick-up and drop-off at your Hotel or at the address provided
• Hear live commentary of the wine cellars by your guide
• Taste Craft Chianti Classico wine at a local vineyard
• Visit the medieval cities of Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Siena
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off at your selected hotel/location (in Downtown Florence)
- Private transportation by Mercedes Minivan, Air-Conditioned
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Panorama view photo stop
- Unlimited cold mineral water
- Private transportation
- On-Board WiFi
What's excluded :
- Private city guide.
- Lunch in farm or winery available at an extra cost 25€pp to 50€pp, depending on option chosen
- Entry/Admission - Tenuta Casanova
- Stop At: Siena, Siena, Tuscany
Siena is one of the most popular and visited places in Tuscany. It is known throughout Italy for its distinguished medieval architecture. Upon arrival, explore its rich history and art, through its notable local monuments such as the famous seashell-shaped Piazza del Campo and the outstanding Siena Cathedral. Many local shops fill the historic streets of Siena, a great opportunity for you to taste local food or buy some gifts!
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main location of Catholic worship in Tuscany, and the diocese of Siena. The building is located in the square of the same name in the center of the city. Built in Italian Gothic style, it is one of the most significant and spectacular churches built in Italy.
Pass By: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
Piazza del Campo (or simply, il Campo) is the main square of the city of Siena. Unique for its particular and original seashell shape, it is renowned all over the world for its beauty and architectural integrity, as well as for being the place where the Palio di Siena takes place twice a year.
Stop At: Monteriggioni, Monteriggioni, Tuscany
Make a lovely stop in the small, fortified village, which is still surrounded by its original medieval walls. Located not far from Siena, Monteriggioni is a great spot for a short walk after lunch at one of the local restaurants.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chianti Road, Italy
The SS222 road, better known as Chiantigiana, is one of the most beautiful roads in Italy. It passes along the entire Chianti region, from Florence to Siena. Driving on it is a great way to discover the area. You will take this scenic road going north, starting from Siena and reaching Castellina in Chianti. The area is rich with castles and villages. One example is the Castle of Fonterutoli, where you will stop to admire the small medieval village surrounded by endless vineyards, centuries-old woods, and green hills.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tenuta Casanova, Localita Sant'Agnese N. 20, 53011, Castellina In Chianti Italy
*OPTIONAL lunch at the Farm or Winery.
Have lunch in a wonderful organic farm. While the owner will show you around the property, his wife will prepare a delicious and unforgettable lunch for your private group. The owner will show you to his cellar to admire his Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico wines -Craft Wine- and to the nearby Acetaia, a vinegar cellar, with old vinegar. Afterwards, experience a unique dining setting while taking in an amazing Tuscan panorama. You will taste organic specialties, such as the typical Lasagna with traditional sauces, crostini, local meats and cold cuts, legumes, seasonal vegetables, honey, and cheeses seasoned with an incredible aged balsamic vinegar. Wine will accompany this lunch every step of the way. Each of the four main courses and desserts will be paired with a different and distinctive glass of wine. We will conclude with ice cream and balsamic vinegar or other desserts.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano, San Gimignano, Tuscany
The beautiful stronghold of San Gimignano is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tuscany. San Gimignano is a treasure of medieval architecture, frozen in time at 1300 AD. Above all, it is famous for its ancient towers, which still stand out from its skyline, earning it the nickname Manhattan of the Middle Ages. Don't forget to stop by the famous Dondoli ice cream shop, winner of many awards for the best ice cream in the world.
This is the last destination of the day, before returning to Florence.
Duration: 2 hours
• • Starter - Bruschetta with spicy Arrabbiata sauce, Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and basil, Bruschetta with extra virgin olive oil
• • Starter - Tomato salad with mozzarella and 8 years old balsamic vinegar
• • First Course - Spelt salad with chickpeas and mix vegetables dressed with 8 years old balsamic vinegar.
• • First Course - Ricotta cheese with 30 years old balsamic vinegar.
• • First Course - Cheese and Prosciutto
• • Second Course - Scrambled eggs with truffles.
• • Second Course - Arista (pork loin cooked in the oven)
• • Third Course - Lasagna with wild boar and pork (“Cinta senese” free range) meat sauce (also available vegetarian, or vegan, or Gluten free)
• • Dessert - Gelato dressed with 30 years old balsamic vinegar
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up directly at your hotel or address communicated at the time of booking at the exact time of the start of the tour. Departure 9:30 am.Upon request, you can change your pickup time (24hours before)
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- In case of rain the umbrellas are provided by your driver.
- Kindly share your mobile number for an easy communication during the pickup
- This tour/experience will have a maximum of 8 travelers (your private party). In any case your group is bigger you can make two reservations.
- With agreements during the reservation we can organize lunch in wine cellars or in the farms, this is a highly recommended experience, especially for the wine lover. (dedicated lunches for people with cilia, allergies or vegetarians. On request 24 hrs before) (This option will slightly reduce your time to visit the cities of Siena and San Gimignano, and will exclude the possibility to visit the fortress of Monteriggioni).
- Departure is at 9:30am. Pick-up time can be changed upon request
- Our drivers are all extremely familiar with Tuscany and its main destinations. They will gladly share any information, curiosities and traditions about the area being toured and more. They are open to any questions and requests.
- Most travelers can participate
- Minors under 18 years old are not allowed to drink alcohol (wine tasting)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.