Private Full-Day Mekong Delta Tour
Experience the sights, sounds, and scents of the vibrant Mekong Delta. This beautiful waterway hosts incredible floating markets, traditional locals trading, and every colour you could imagine! Cruise this lively river, visit a handicraft village, and try out some local Mekong delicacies!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Taxes
- Fully Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Unlimited Bottles of Water
- English Speaking Guide
- Lunch (please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand)
- Port Permit Service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for your guide & driver
- Travel Insurance
- Pass Rice Paddies & Orchards!
You will be met at your arrival port by your English speaking guide, with a name sign and smile, who will take you to the incredible Mekong Delta in your private air-conditioned vehicle. Take in the countless scenes of the surrounding countryside and the agricultural way of life of the locals. Your guide will explain the course of the river as we pass yellow rice paddies and fruit orchards, and you will learn of its origins in the snowy mountains of Tibet. This drive is a comfortable means of observing traditional Vietnamese life pass right before your eyes!
Witness Colourful Markets On The Mekong
A private sampan (traditional motorised boat) will be waiting for you as we arrive at Cai Be. Prepare to embark on an unforgettable exploration of a fascinating waterway. The river here is crowded with floating markets selling colourful fruits, vegetables, flowers and seasonal goods. Tourist-crowded streets will seem a million miles away as we witness traditional trading and the way of life of the locals on the water. Don’t forget your camera for this vibrant display!
Explore Tan Phong Island
Swap your sampan for rowing boats as we venture into the smaller, more secluded canals of the delta. The quieter canals are the perfect place to witness a slower pace of life as we pass under tropical canopies and paddle the serene water. We’ll make our way to dry land next as we explore the island of Tan Phong and enjoy distinctive South-West Vietnamese music with a live performance. Bikes will be provided if you wish to explore this beautiful island further!
Enjoy A Traditional Lunch With A Local Family
Along the way we will visit local families and learn how they use the land to craft everything from delicate rice paper to the sturdy roofs of their homes. The families will treat us to Mekong delicacies for lunch which include freshly made spring rolls, fried pumpkin flower and beautiful braised pork soaked in coconut juice. Before we make our way back to port we’ll visit Cao Dai temple, uncovering native religious beliefs and having a chance to admire the art on the walls of the temple. Your guide will then take you back to port in plenty of time for your cruise departure!
Departure Point :Nha Rong Port, Ho Chi Minh City
Departure Time :7:00am or 8:00am, as soon as we can pick you up!
Return Detail :Nha Rong Port, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- What to Bring: Sunscreen • Hat • Insect Repellent • Light Jacket • Flashlight or Torch
- What to Wear: Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.