Private Full-Day GUIDED Tour Siena San Gimignano and Chianti
• Experience for your private group.
This GUIDED tour will take you in the morning to visit the city of Siena accompanied by an expert official guide. The afternoon will be dedicated to the discovery of the historical wine territory of Chianti. You will have the opportunity to visit some of the most famous vineyards, or small family-owned businesses, see their cellars and taste their excellent food and wines. Lastly, explore the wonderful medieval city of San Gimignano, considered one of the most beautiful historic Italian villages. Add an optional, unforgettable lunch to savor traditional Tuscan wines and specialties in a local organic farm or winery!
• 9hr Full-Day private tour of Tuscany from Florence
• Licensed TOUR GUIDE in Siena included
• Visit the medieval cities of Siena, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Fonterutoli
• Craft Chianti Classico wine at a local vineyard
• Private transportation by Mercedes Minivan air-conditioned
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off at your selected hotel/ location (Florence Down Town)
- A licensed TOUR GUIDE in Siena
- Private transportation by Mercedes Minivan Air-Conditioned
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Unlimited cold mineral water
- WiFi on board
- Panorama view photo stop
What's excluded :
- Lunch in farm or winery (to be paid on-site from 25€pp to 45€pp)
- Entry/Admission - Tenuta Casanova
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siena, Siena, Tuscany
Experience Siena through the expert and knowledgeable lens of a professional tour guide! Siena is one of the most popular and visited places in Tuscany. It is known throughout Italy for its distinguished medieval architecture. Upon arrival, explore with your guide Siena’s rich history and art, through its notable local monuments such as the famous seashell-shaped Piazza del Campo and the outstanding Siena Cathedral. Many local shops fill the historic streets of Siena, a great opportunity for you to taste local food or buy some gifts!
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main location of Catholic worship in Tuscany, and the diocese of Siena. The building is located in the square of the same name in the center of the city. Built in Italian Gothic style, it is one of the most significant and spectacular churches built in Italy.
Pass By: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
Piazza del Campo (or simply, il Campo) is the main square of the city of Siena. Unique for its particular and original seashell shape, it is renowned all over the world for its beauty and architectural integrity, as well as for being the place where the Palio di Siena takes place twice a year.
Stop At: Monteriggioni, Monteriggioni, Tuscany
Make a lovely stop in the small, fortified village, which is still surrounded by its original medieval walls. Located not far from Siena, Monteriggioni is a great spot for a short walk after lunch at one of the local restaurants.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Chianti Road, Italy
The SS222 road, better known as Chiantigiana, is one of the most beautiful roads in Italy. It passes along the entire Chianti region, from Florence to Siena. Driving on it is a great way to discover the area.
You will take this scenic road going north, starting from Siena and reaching Castellina in Chianti.
The area is rich with castles and villages. One example is the Castle of Fonterutoli, where you will stop to admire the small medieval village surrounded by endless vineyards, centuries-old woods, and green hills.
Stop At: Fonterutoli, Fonterutoli, Castellina In Chianti, Tuscany
Fonterutoli has been an important village ever since the Roman times. The Via Romea passes here, and is still today traveled by pilgrims from all over the world. Location of the historic Mazzei family since 1435 (for 24 generations), the village of Fonterutoli maintains its medieval appearance intact. Stroll in the village to stretch your legs and take some beautiful photos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tenuta Casanova, Localita Sant'Agnese N. 20, 53011, Castellina In Chianti Italy
*OPTIONAL lunch at the Farm or Winery.
Have lunch in a wonderful organic farm. While the owner will show you around the property, his wife will prepare a delicious and unforgettable lunch for your private group.
The owner will show you to his cellar to admire his Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico wines -Craft Wine- and to the nearby Acetaia, a vinegar cellar, with old vinegar.
Afterwards, experience a unique dining setting while taking in an amazing Tuscan panorama. You will taste organic specialties, such as the typical Lasagna with traditional sauces, crostini, local meats and cold cuts, legumes, seasonal vegetables, honey, and cheeses seasoned with an incredible aged balsamic vinegar. Wine will accompany this lunch every step of the way. Each of the four main courses and desserts will be paired with a different and distinctive glass of wine.
We will conclude with ice cream and balsamic vinegar or other desserts.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano, San Gimignano, Tuscany
The beautiful stronghold of San Gimignano is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tuscany. San Gimignano is a treasure of medieval architecture, frozen in time at 1300 AD. Above all, it is famous for its ancient towers, which still stand out from its skyline, earning it the nickname Manhattan of the Middle Ages.
Don't forget to stop by the famous Dondoli ice cream shop, winner of many awards for the best ice cream in the world.
This is the last destination of the day, before returning to Florence
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up directly at your hotel or address communicated at the time of booking at the exact time of the start of the tour. Departure and pickup time is schedule at 9:00am.Upon request, you can change your pickup time (24hours before)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Departure is at 9:00am. Pick-up time can be changed upon request.
- In case of rain, umbrellas will be provided by your driver.
- A confirmation is appreciated the day before the appointment by e-mailing or via iMessage or WhatsApp.
- This tour/experience is for a maximum of 8 travelers (your private party). Should your group exceed this size, you can make two reservations.
- You will be picked up directly at your hotel or address provided at the time of booking at the exact time of the start of the tour.
- Upon request, during the reservation we can organize lunch in wine cellars or on farms, this is a highly recommended experience, especially for wine lovers. (We also offer vegetarian and gluten-free lunches, and accommodate allergies. Upon request 24hrs before the tour).
- *OPTIONAL FARM LUNCH (This option will slightly reduce your time to visit the cities of Siena and San Gimignano, and exclude the possibility to visit the fortress of Monteriggioni).
- Most travelers can participate
- Our drivers will happily assist with any questions or requests. They are vastly familiar with Tuscany and will share curiosities and facts, or offer suggestions about the area being toured, and more.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.