Private Full-Day Guided Tour of Sigiriya and Dambulla
Sigiriya and Dambulla are UNESCO recognized heritage sites and major tourist attractions in Sri Lanka. The city of Dambulla 148 km far from Colombo. The iconic site in Dambulla is its cave temple which is the largest, best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka consisting of the ancient paintings and Buddha statues that implicate Lord Buddha’s life.
Passing this temple away to another 20 km, you will encounter the magnificent Sigiriya Lion Rock. This is arguably the most important site you should not miss when you visit Sri Lanka. The origin of Sigiriya runs back to thousands of years as it served as a Royal Palace to one of the ancient Kings in Sri Lanka. Sigiriya Rock Fortress in Sri Lanka is a real wonder, one of the world’s less known curiosities which is a gigantic column of rock rising 200m (660 ft) from the forest pains below.
per adult from
11 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya Craft Village
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Royal Cave Temple
What's excluded :
- Any Other Services Not Specified Above
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
The Ancient City of Sigiriya holds the ruins of former Sinhalese capital, including a rock fortress and palace. At the end of the 5th century, this enormous complex was constructed by Prince Kasyapa. The garden and palace were built by King Kasyapa. After his death, it was again a monastery complex up to the 14th century. Knowing the inevitable return of Mogallana, Kasyapa is said to have built his palace on the summit of Sigiriya as a fortress and pleasure palace. Mogallana finally arrived and declared war. Chronicles say that the battle-elephant changed course to take a strategic advantage, but the army misinterpreted the movement as the King, prompting the army to abandon the king altogether. Moggallana returned the capital to Anuradapura, converting Sigiriya into a monastery complex. The beautifully and elaborately landscaped water gardens that contain a complex water distribution system! A superb view of the Gardens could be had from halfway up the rock.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sigiriya Craft Village, Kimbissa, Sigiriya Sri Lanka
Travel by oxen cart to a rural Sri Lankan village and experience village life on this tour. Accompanied by a guide, explore the village and take a catamaran ride on the lake. Visit a local farm and learn about cultivation techniques. Watch a traditional cooking demonstration and enjoy the Sri Lankan meal for lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dambulla Royal Cave Temple, Kandy - Jaffna Highway, Dambulla 21100 Sri Lanka
Dambulla is situated in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It is a town built around a vast isolated rock mass and a World Heritage City declared by UNESCO. Dambulla Rock Temple is the largest and best-preserved cave temple in Sri Lanka. The rock towers 160m over the surrounding plains. Major attractions are spread over 5 caves, which contain statues and paintings. These paintings and statues are related to Lord Buddha and his life. The murals cover an area of 2.100 m². Depictions in the walls of the caves include Buddha's temptation by demon Mara and Buddha's first sermon. Dambulla is a unique and important historical site because of the amalgamation of the material from many eras. Close to Dambulla deep inside the jungle there is the Iron Wood Forest and the largest Rose Quartz Mountain Range in South Asia. The site had been declared as a human sanctuary by King Dappula in 10 century AD.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will meet you at the front lobby of the hotel.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.