Private Full-Day Desert Castle and Dead Sea Tour from Amman
Visit medieval Islamic Eastern Desert Castles - UNESCO World Heritage Site of Qasr Amra, Qasr Al -Kharanah, first built by the Romans then completed by the Umayyad caliphs, and Qasr Al-Azraq, where Lawrence of Arabia had his headquarters during World War One. This full day private tour combines Islamic history, architecture, and spectacular landscapes. With a private new leisure vehicle and your own English-Speaking Driver, you can reach a series of remote desert castles that would be a daunting challenge; this personalized tour ensures you will have the flexibility to see each one at your own pace. Completing the historical part of this tour; off to a more laid-back time where you will descend to the lowest point on earth and the first natural spa in the world, the Dead Sea. Swim in the Dead Sea’s salty water, and explore Jordan’s eastern desert before returning to Amman.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English Speaking Driver
- Entrance fees to the Desert Castles; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Entrance to Amra Castle, Al Kharanah Castle, & Al – Azraq Castle; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Entrance to the Dead Sea Private Area: beach, pool, and changing rooms; if option selected
- Entrance to Dead Sea Spa Hotel for the use the beach, pool, and changing rooms; if option selected
- Entrance to Holiday Inn Hotel for the use of the beach, pool, and changing rooms; if option selected
- On board WI-FI
- Additional Accompanied Licensed Guide, if option selected.
- Entry/Admission - Qasr Azraq
- Entry/Admission - Quseir Amra
- Entry/Admission - Qasr al-Kharana
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
Start your day with your own leisure vehicle pick up and private English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide. A visit of several Islamic medieval desert castles located East of Amman that offer a number of fortresses with fresco art and zodiac dome like: Qasr Amra from the Umayyads era, Qasr Al -Kharanah a Roman then Umayyed fortress built and completed in 710 A.D., and Qaser Al-Azraq where T. E. Lawrence of Arabia had his headquarters lived.
Stop At: Qasr Azraq, Azraq Oasis, Azraq Jordan
Start this tour by visiting Al- Azrak Castle one of the historical castles in Jordan built of black basalt in the center of Al-Azrak Oasis just 100 KM east of Amman.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quseir Amra, Azraq Jordan
Off to visit the old Umayyad Amra Castle. This rare architectural masterpiece set in the heart of the desert, and its most notable for the frescoes on the inside walls, and the dome of the palace, which covers hot water bath ceiling look like a piece of the sky where the towers heavenly plotted show great skill. And tell countless stories of the life as it was during the 8th century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Qasr al-Kharana, Amman Governorate, Jordan
At last stop is to visit Al -Kharanah Castle, which is one of the best-preserved Umayyad monuments. This castle was built in a square shape for defense prepossess. It is also possible that some of these structures, like Quseir Amra, and Al -Kharanah served as resting places for high government officials on their way to Hejaz.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dead Sea Region, Dead Sea Region
Continue to the Dead Sea and the Desert of Moab, the lowest point on earth 400 meters under sea level. The Dead Sea is one of the most incredible places in the world. It is known for the Biblical story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorra, which was turned into salt. The Dead Sea speaks for itself; there is no living fish! It is by far one of Jordan’s most impressive and spectacular places to visit. Its calm shining water glowing from its scorching sun is known for the concentration of salt and minerals, which makes it a therapeutic as well as a unique swimming experience not to be missed! After exploring, relax on your ride back to Amman where your experience finishes with a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Tours with Dead visit swim suit is required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.