Private Full Day Coptic and Islamic Cairo Tour
This full day 7-hour tour will give the guest the chance to enjoy the most attractive Coptic and Islamic monuments in Cairo and at the end you can visit
Khan El-Khalili Bazaar . Small group tour with transportation by air-conditioned minivan. Lunch included .
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes,
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Any extras , Food and drinks
- Tips for driver and guide.
- 5 USD per person for pickup from the new settlements
- Meet & Assist at your hotel in Cairo, drive to visit
the Coptic quarter including
Hanging Church of the Virgin Mary & visit to the most old churches &
Ben Ezra Synagogue. Continue to visit
Ibn Tuloun Mosque which was completed in 879 AD on Mount Yashkur in a settlement named al-Qata'i by the founder of Egypt's Tulounid Dynasty at the period (868-905 AD). The mosque that he had built over a period of three years of mudbrick became the focal point of the Tulunid capital that lasted only 26 years. It was the third congregational mosque to be built in what is now greater Cairo, and at approximately 26,318 square meters in size.
Next, continue to Al-Hussein area to visit
Al-Azhar Mosque which is located in the center of an area teaming with the most beautiful Islamic monuments from the 10th century, Al-Azhar mosque established in 972 (361 H) in a porticoed style shortly after the founding of Cairo itself. It was originally designed by the Fatimid general Jawhar El-Sequili (Gawhara Qunqubay, Gawhar al-Sakkaly) and built on the orders of Caliph Muezz Li-Din Allah.
In this area you have the opportunity to go shopping in the
Khan El-Khalili Bazaar which is nearby, then finish off with transfer back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pick up will be at 08:30am for hotels in Cairo center ( downtown ) or Giza , but for hotels in the new settlements such as Fifth settlement , El Ibour , El Sherook , Madinty , Rihab City and new Cairo will be at least 1 hour earlier (an extra fee will apply p.P US $ 5 for pick-up from / to those new settlements).Dates: See availabilityReturn point: Tour ends with drop off at your hotel
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Your booking is confirmed automatically, if booked 3 days or more prior to the tour. Otherwise the confirmation will be on request, subject to availability.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Light or Sport Shoes needed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.