Private Full Day City Tour: Nizwa History and Culture
A drive into the interiors takes you to the historic former capital city of Nizwa. Walk through the fort and explore the souq for traditional silverware and taste traditional Omani halwa. Also visit the majestic Jabrin castle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bahla Fort
- Entry/Admission - Jibreen Castle
- Entry/Admission - Nizwa Souk
What's excluded :
- Be picked up from your hotel in Muscat around 08:00am. You will have a morning drive to the historic town of Nizwa, Oman’s cultural capital. You visit the powerful Fort with its massive Circular Cannon Tower, one of the most impressive forts in Oman and the traditional Souq. Then you proceed to Jabrin castle built in 17th century its one of the finest of its kind. Its magnificent plasterwork, the carved doors and the painted wooden beams of the ceilings makes this castle amazingly different.
Thereafter continue to Bahla, one of the oldest small towns of Oman and in the 12th century the capital of the tribe living in the region. Stop for a photostop at Bahla Fort. Bahla is also famous for its pottery. Have lunch at a local restaurant and then be driven back to Muscat by late afternoon.
Departure Point :Hotels within Muscat city limits
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Nizwa fort and Jabrin castle is open Saturday–Thursday: 0900 – 1600 & Friday: 0800–1100
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.