Private Full Day Bago Excursion and Kanbawzathadi Golden Palace
Drive through the countryside from Yangon to reach the former capital of the Mon kingdom, Bago, on this full-day private tour. Visit the Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most important in Myanmar, the Four-Seated Buddha shrine, the 180-foot (55-meter) reclining Buddha, and much more. Learn about Buddhism and the history of the Mon kingdom from your guide as you walk around the city streets and markets.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Yangon
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Yangon, 339 Bo Gyoke Aung San Road, Yangon (Rangoon) 11182 Myanmar
Our driver and professional English speaking guide will pick you up from your hotel around 8am in Yangon city and enjoy a scenic journey by road to Bago, 80km to the north west of Yangon, is an ancient capital of a former Mon kingdom dating back to the 6th century. Sightseeing in Bago includes the beautiful 55 meter long reclining Buddha, Shwethalyaung. Next, we visit to the Mon style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar. Its spire stands 114m high and is taller even than the Shwedagon Pagoda. Continue to Kyaikpun Pagoda which is a pagoda in the Bago Division of Burma, in the city of Bago. Most notably, Kyaik Pun Pagoda is the home to the Four Seated Buddha shrine, a 90 ft (27 m) statue depicting the four Buddhas namely Kakusandha, Konagamana, Kassapa, and Gautama seated in four positions, sitting back to back to four directions. The Four Seated Buddha was built by King Migadippa of Bago in the 7th Century AD (tradition) and renovated by King Dhammazedi in the 15th century AD. Visit the excavation site and restoration work of Kanbawzathadi, the palace of famous King Bayint Naung. Kanbawzathadi Palace site includes Bumble Bee Throne Hall (believed that this throne room was used as the King’s sleeping room), Royal Audience Hall located at the center of city wall, Teak-post Museum which displayed teak-posts found from Kanbawzathadi palace site excavation and Hanthawaddy Archaeological Museum with octagonal shape, about 300 artifacts are displayed. End the tour of Bago with a walk around the colourful Bago Market. On the way back to Yangon, visit the Allied War Cemetery near Htaukkyan, the final resting place for over 27,000 allied soldiers. After the tour about 4:00pm, we will drive back to your hotel/airport/port safely.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Yangon
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.