Private Full Day 9-Hour Driving Tour of Lantau from Hong Kong
Contrasting starkly from the concrete jungle of Hong Kong, Tai O is a humble, historic fishing village characterised by its stilt houses. Here, we’ll have the opportunity to take a boat ride down the river to get a closer look at the houses and storefronts, and you’ll gain a greater understanding of the activities on the Pearl River, which connects to the main port of Southern China. We’ll then head out into the open ocean to see if we can find one of the special pink dolphins unique to Hong Kong, as well as up close from the water seeing the longest over sea bridge in the world (Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Bridge)
After making a few more stops around other seaside villages, temples, and monasteries, we’ll finally head to the Big Buddha to witness the stunning beauty of this monument surrounded by lush greenery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
- Entry/Admission - Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Wisdom Path
- Entry/Admission - Tai O Stilt Houses
- Entry/Admission - Lower Cheung Sha Beach
- Entry/Admission - Yat Tung Shopping Centre
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
The not to be missed main attraction of Hong Kong and the must see on Lantau island. We will be driving straight to the temple next to it gaining access within the restricted roads of Lantau Island
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
The main temple next to the Big Buddha, and explanation of Buddism concepts.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Wisdom Path, Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Outlying Islands, Hong Kong China
A short walk into the forest behind the Big Buddha to discover the calligraphy wooden poles on an eternity layout. Discovering the intelligence of Buddhism behind the meanings and of the natural beauty of mountainous Hong Kong.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tai O Stilt Houses, Tai O, Hong Kong China
Explore the Venice of Hong Kong with waterways and stilt house and fishermen living. This is the part of our tour where we will be spending longer to explore deeper into its 500 year old histories and one of the remaining most iconic running villages in Asia today. We will be trying different local snacks, visiting local temples, understand how fishermen live on shore and also a boat ride out into the open water to check out one of the longest bridge in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lower Cheung Sha Beach, S Lantau Rd Lower Cheung Sha village, Hong Kong China
One of the most hidden beaches in Hong Kong yet the longest beach. Discover a secret local expat hang out spot for some local beach life.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Yat Tung Shopping Centre, 8 Yat Tung Street, Tung Chung, Hong Kong China
A local exploration into seeing how local government commissioned flats living is like. Its local markets, local shopping and a closer look into what Hong Kong living is like and our local cultures with a taste of some favourite local snacks.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mui Wo, Hong Kong
One of the biggest town of Lantau island where locals would go to on a weekend for relax and seafood. The first set foot point on Lantau island before heading off to other parts of the island after a ferry ride from downtown. We will be seeing more local and also expat living with a beer stop and also to understand more on Hong Kong's background development and infrastructure.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Hong Kong Disneyland, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
We will not be going into Disneyland however we always encourage a drive around within the resort driving pass the hotels and a quick look at the resort to see it differences.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kai Tak Cruise Terminal On the day please ask guest to follow these instructions.The ship will allow passengers to disembark off the ship to enter into the Kai Tai Cruise Terminal.Passenger must go through immigration counters and the pick up their bags and to go through customs. Once past customs guests will exit to the outside of the building and right in front there is the taxi stand.From the taxi stand please turn right hand side to head upstairs to 1/F.At 1/F is where private vehicles are and in the centre area there is pick up hall.At the pick up hall there is one vending machine, the driver will wait right by the vending machine for your pick up. I have attached the picture for this vending machine at 1/F as reference, please find this attachment on this email. Should they cannot find the driver please call directly.Let me know should there be any questions.Ocean TerminalPlease wait at the bottom floor after immigration before escalators, our guide shall be waiting right by the escalators, next to security counter.Hong Kong International Airport Pick up will be at Arrival Hall B in front of Cafe DeliFrance, right under the centre escalators and lifts. Pick up time will be from 45 mins after your flight touchdown.Airports
- Hong Kong Intl Airport, 1 Sky Plaza Road, Hong Kong China
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal Park, 33 Shing Fung Rd, Kai Tak, Hong Kong
- Ocean Terminal Deck, 3-27 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are actively following the guidance of the Department of Health (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region), The Hong Kong SAR Government and the World Health Organization (WHO) to help ensure the actions we are taking are in line with the latest recommendations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.