Private Forbidden City with Food Hutong Walking Tours
You will experience old traditional hutongs see how people live and taste the local food with drinks in Beijing by choosing morning or afternoon tour. Explore the massive Imperial Palace in the city center of Beijing with your private tour guide.
- Visiting several hidden local restaurants that only local people go;
- Tasting the authentic flavor of local food pairings with local beer;
- Visit the largest square in the world;
- Visit the forbidden city by a less-know route;
- Gain abundant knowledge about history of ancient palace
- With choices of morning or afternoon tour
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Beijing Wraps, Hutong style BBQ, Mongolian hot pot, fresh noodle；hand made fresh yoghurt, local drinks, unlimited local beers home-made pear herbal soup
- Entrance ticket to the Forbidden city
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)
- Entry/Admission - Hutong Tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
You will be picked up at either 8:30am or 13:30pm at your own preference by private tour guide at the hotel lobby. Then take a taxi or subway at your own cost to the Tian'anmen Square which is the largest city square in the world. You are going to see the ancient Qianmen Gate, the Monument to the People’s heroes and the Great Hall of the people from outside and your tour guide will share with you the history and stories behind all the mentioned architectures.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
After the square continue walk to the Forbidden City which was the imperial palace from the Ming and Qing Dynasties. For around 500 years , it served as the home of emperors and their households, as well as the ceremonial and political center of Chinese government
Forbidden City is divided into two parts. The southern section, or the Outer Court was where the emperor exercised his supreme power over the nation. The northern section, or the Inner Court was where he lived with his royal family. The tour route is from south - north. You will hear interesting stories and facts from the tour guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hutong Tour, No.9, Zhonglou, Dongcheng District No.9, Zhonglou, Dongcheng District, 100009, Beijing, Beijing 100009 China
After that, Take a short ride by subway to the hutongs at the area near downtown area. In the hutong alleys, you’ll see hutong stores, vegetable shops, and local residences and courtyards. Your guide will share the story of this living custum, helping you to travel through time, taking you to numerous restaurants to see and eat some Family Noodles, Beijing Wraps, BBQ Cooking, cooking and eating around the hotpot, and tasting local beers including one pint of homemade craft beer or several Beijing sodas.
By the end of tour your private tour guide can help you find a way back to the hotel or you can spend more time by your own at the hutong area.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.