Private Food Tour in Naples with tastings
If you want to experience Naples outdoor avoiding social contacts this tour is for you !
A walk with a "true" Neapolitan to immerse yourself in daily life, go shopping together and get to know some Neapolitan gastronomic excellences. All accompanied by pleasant stories, anecdotes and curiosities.
We meet in Piazza Montesanto, the heart of the Pignasecca market, the oldest
outdoor market in Naples. We will immerse ourselves in the colors and scents of the market to find out what "true" Neapolitans eat and you can go shopping yourself by listening to our suggestions.
A good coffee and a sfogliatella are our first stop. We wil taste the first "street food" in history, the tarallo with lard, pepper and almonds. We will then cross San Gregorio Armeno, the street of the cribs and and We will eat pizza "a portafoglio and a soft potato "crocchè".
Back in Piazza del Gesù we conclude with a tasting of limoncello and a fragrant "babbà" or a good homemade ice cream.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking tour with a local foodie
- Snacks - - Coffee - Sfogliatella - Tarallo - Pizza “a portafoglio” - Crocchè - Limoncello - Babbà or ice cream
What's excluded :
- Hotel Drop Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Spaccanapoli, Via Benedetto Croce, Naples Italy
After meeting your guide, start your tour with a tasting of a traditional Neapolitan coffee. Then, enter the historical city center through one of the medieval gates. Come through the Greek-Roman area and walk along the walls that surrounded the town centuries ago.
Travel though Piazza Vincenzo Bellini, a small square, which is a meeting point for artists, musicians, and students. Next, you will reach Spaccanapoli, the old Roman street 'Decumano' which crosses the town from the highest point in the Vomero hill to Piazza Garibaldi. Walking along this road, you will touch the heart of the city with its ancient and beautiful churches.
As you walk the road, you will come across a vendor who will provide you with a taste of limoncello, the typical liquor made with local lemons that grow around Naples. Proceed to one of the most important squares in the historical city center, Piazza San Domenico. Here, you will take a break to taste the delicious 'sfogliatella' in one of the oldest bakeries in the area, 'Scaturchio.'
Afterward, wander over to San Gregorio Armeno, the alley where the busiest exposition of the 'presepio' is located. Next, head to the middle of the town where you will taste authentic pizza and local red wine, Aglianico.
Pass By: Piazza San Domenico Maggiore, 1, Naples Italy
Pass By: Via San Gregorio Armeno, 83018, Naples Italy
Pass By: Piazza Bellini, Naples Italy
Pass By: Piazza Garibaldi, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, Naples Italy
Departure Point :Via Montesanto, Napoli NA, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.