Private Food Tasting Tour including Lunch with Professional Food Guide
In the shadow of the Acropolis, past classic temples, Roman monuments, Byzantine churches and through the small streets of the Plaka, our professional food guide combines a wonderful walk through the vibrant heart of the old city with regular stops to sample, experience, and learn about the many local tastes & traditions that form a link to the past & also comprise many of the current pleasures, habits and influences of modern daily life in Greece.
Meet the locals who have worked for generations in the fish, meat & spice markets, delicatessens & 'Zaccharoplastia' (shops dedicated to sweets of all kinds), with stories to pass down. Taste the myriad varieties of local cheeses, olives, olive oils, cold cuts & accompaniments & discover the embarrassment of riches at the disposal of the Greek pallet.
Exclusive to your group alone, with a sumptuous lunch & all tastings included, this private tour will greatly enrich your experience and discovery of Greece.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Professional food guide
- Walking route passing through the Central Market area, historical sites and landmarks
- 20 tastings
- Greek yogurt with honey or wild cherry preserve
- Six different local cheeses and cold-cuts.
- Traditional sweet & savory pastries 'Spanakopita & Bougatsa'
- Oliives and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Traditional Greek coffee
- Various types of wild honey, eg from thyme, pine and fir tree
- Variety of meze (tapas) made with fresh vegetable, meat and fish straight from the market.
- Heavenly desserts, eg baklava and a unique flavoured ice-cream
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Market Athens, Monastiraki Greece
Varvakios Market is Athens central hub for everything from fresh meat & fish, to fruit, vegetables & spices. Full of places for coffee, delis and eateries as well as a feast of local sound & colour
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Psiri, Psiri, Athens, Attica
One of Athens oldest neighbourhoods & well established as the vibrant, Bohemian and artsy center of the city with more than its fair share of hidden gems to explore
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monastiraki, Athina, Greece
One of Athens oldest central & Iconic squares at the same location of the Ancient Athenian market (Agora) 2500 years before. Sitting under the shadow of the Acropolis at the start of the Plaka area, flea markets & boutique shopping areas, this neighbourhood has some of the most famous locations to soak up.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Monastiraki, Athina 105 55, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Guests meet our Guide at the Metro station in Monastiraki Square
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- In case of any Allergies please provide details
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Health & Safety Measures: All our Tours are private so you will never mix with another group. Our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, equipped with face-masks, hand sanitizer, & seats next to your driver remain free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.