Private Ephesus With All Highlights Tour
With your private vehicle comfort explore Ephesus in depth and get to know everything about the area. With our expert local guides you will be having a day to remember.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance fees to sites and museums
- Hotel / Port Pickup & Drop off
- Professional Guide approved by Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Professional driver
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
- Entry/Admission - Ephesus Terrace Houses
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - The Basilica of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - Ephesus Museum
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Temple of Artemis, Ataturk, Park Ici Yolu No:12, Selcuk Turkey
You will first visit The Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world, was a Greek temple dedicated to the goddess of Artemis, and built in one of the flat areas of Ephesus. Today one can see the ruins of the foundations of this marvelous construction of the Hellenistic Age, entirely made of marble and full of sculptured columns whose lower portions were carved with figures in high relief.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
You will then visit the world famous ancient Greco-Roman City of Ephesus, which is one of the most extensive ongoing archeological sites as well as one of the most well preserved ancient cities in the world. You enter through the Magnesia Gate where you will begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route will take you past the Odeon Theater, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan, and the Great Theater. The theater, which seats 24,000, is the believed site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ephesus Terrace Houses, Selcuk 35148 Turkey
Thereafter visit the Ephesus Terrace Houses which are located on the slopes of Bulbul Mountain, opposite the Hadrian Temple. Also called as “the houses of rich”, these houses were for the important and wealthy people of Ephesus, as only rich people could afford such houses.
NOTE: Please be aware that this option involves walking uphill and over 100 stairs, but not all at the same time; each level is approximately 10 to 15 stairs.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
After visiting this impressive site, you will break for lunch and then continue your tour with a visit to The House of Virgin Mary, which is considered a holy place for both Christians and Muslims alike. The House of the Virgin Mary is the official site recognized by the Vatican as the residence where the Virgin Mary spent her final days and it provides you with the opportunity to experience a special tranquility for prayer and meditation.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Basilica of Saint John, Isa Bey Mahallesi, 2013. Sk. No:1, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
The Basilica of St. John, which was built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St. John the Apostle, the Basilica, now in ruins, once rivaled St. Sophia in size. See the remaining graceful columns and mosaics of the Basilica as you take in the panorama view of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of the Temple of Artemis.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ephesus Museum, Selcuk Turkey
The Ephesus Archaeological Museum (Turkish: Efes Müzesi) is an archaeological museum in Selçuk. It houses finds from the nearby Ephesus excavation site. Its best-known exhibit is the statue of Artemis retrieved from the temple of the goddess in Ephesus.
The museum closed at the end of 2012, and reopened in November 2014 after extensive renovations.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will meet you at the exit of Kusadasi Port right after you clear customs.Ports
- Port Kusadas Turkey, Camikebir, Feribot Limanı, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.