Private Ephesus Shore Excursion With Private Vehicle and Tour Guide
See the Ephesus area your way with this private shore excursion in which we provide a provide vehicle for up to 14 people and an English-speaking tour guide, and you design your own itinerary for the day. You will meet your private guide at Kusadasi port then set off for a day of sight seeing, visiting only the places you are interested in, choosing from options such as the ancient city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary's House, St John's Basilica, the charming village of Sirince and the Temple of Artemis.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- You will be met at Kusadasi port by your private English-speaking tour guide. After discussing your final itinerary you will set off in your comfortable, late-model, air-conditioned vehicle for your tour. There is lots to see and do in the area, with options including:
• The ancient city of Ephesus - the former capital of Asia minor, and today one of the world's most impressive ruins sites. As you stroll its marble streets visiting highlights such as the Odeon, the Agora, the Celsus Library and the theatre, your guide will bring the site to life for you, giving you insight into what daily life was like for the Ephesians. Entrance: 40TL per person, Ephesus Terrace Houses: 20TL per person
• The House of Virgin Mary - believed to be the place where she was taken to spend her last days by St John, and today a place of pilgrimage for Christians and Muslims alike from all over the world. Entrance: 20TL per peson
• Sirince - this charming, former Greek village is a great place to relax as you stroll the cobblestone streets, tasting the local fruit wine and browsing through market stalls selling local olive oil products and handicrafts. Its also home to some of the best home-style cooking in the area.
• St Johns Basilica - formerly part of Ephesus and built over what is believed to be the burial site of St John the Apostle. Entrance: 10TL per person.
• Ephesus archaeology museum - home to some of the many treasures excavated from Ephesus including an important statue of the Goddess Artemis. Entrance: 10TL per person
• The Temple of Artemis - one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and built in honour of the Goddess Artemis by the Ephesians, for whom she was an important deity. Although only one column remains standing today, it is easy to imagine its former glory. Entrance: freeYour guide will help you decide the best place to eat lunch - there are lots of tasty options available including an open buffet of home-style food, gozleme (Turkish pancakes), kebabs, pide (Turkish pizza) and more.
After your day of sightseeing you will be dropped back at the port of Kusadasi.
Departure Point :Port of Kusadasi
Departure Time :The departure time will depend on the time your ships docking
Return Detail :Port of Kusadasi
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.