Private daytrip to Siena & Chianti wine country, with wine tasting from Florence
Private is just for you and your party, so the top in terms of flexibility, comfort, and privacy. Your knowledgeable English speaking driver, will discuss with you all the different options of the chosen itinerary, so you will be able to customize your day, to perfectly suit your needs and focus just on the attractions/activities you are interested in. Start your day with a relaxing visit of Greve in Chianti to learn about the country lifestyle, admire the beauties of the Chianti wine road and see postcard views, discover the secrets of the Chianti red wine, taste genuine products, and conclude your experience with a visit of Siena, Tuscany's second most important art city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private English-speaking driver, with fully equipped, Mercedes vehicle
- Initial briefing with the driver with explanation of the options, to let you build your perfect day.
- Guided visit of a Tuscan winery followed by wine/olive oil tasting
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Fattoria di Montecchio
- Entry/Admission - Casa Emma
What's excluded :
- Guided tour of Siena and entrace fees in Siena (if applicable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Greve in Chianti, Greve in Chianti, Tuscany
After having met your driver at your accommodation in Florence, during the 45 minutes drive to reach Greve in Chianti, (the most famous village of the Chianti Classico countryside), he will explain all the details of your day, to be sure the schedule fits your needs. Once in Greve in Chianti, the birthplace of the famous Tuscan explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano, the Tuscan who discovered the New York Harbor, admire the Piazza Matteotti, a gently sloping square which is the hub of life in Greve; visit the many local shops and wine stores, including the famous butcher shop Falorni, or the Enoteca Le Cantine (one of the biggest wine shop in Tuscany)
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Chianti Road, Italy
After the visit of Greve in Chianti depart for a 30 minutes drive through one of the most beautiful wine road in Italy, full of rolling hills, huge vineyards and olive trees, typical of the Chianti Classico area.
Pass By: Panzano in Chianti, Panzano in Chianti, Greve in Chianti, Tuscany
On the way to the winery admire the charming Tuscan hilltop village of Panzano in Chianti, located exactly halfway between Florence and Siena, with the curch of Santa Maria Assunta and the imposing Tower of the Castle.
Stop At: Fattoria di Montecchio, Strada Montecchio, 4, San Donato in Poggio, Barberino Tavarnellle Italy
Your experience at the winery will start with an introduction about the history of the estate, followed by the visit of the old wine cellars with the explanations about the wine making process, and all the secrets to produce the Chianti red wine and the Tuscan olive oil, famous all over the world. After the visit, take a seat and taste different wines (Chianti Classico, Riserva, Super Tuscans, etc.) and the olive oil, one of the most important ingredients of the italian cooking.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Casa Emma, S.P. di Castellina in Chianti, 3, 50021 San Donato in Poggio, Barberino Tavarnellle Italy
As an alternative, in case Fattoria Montecchio is not available for your date, the visit followed by the wine tasting will be made at Casa Emma, another hill top winery located in the same area (the earth of the Chianti Classico countryside).
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: San Donato in Poggio, San Donato in Poggio, Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, Barberino Tavarnellle, Tuscany
For food lovers, just 5 minutes away from the wineries, there is a family owned restaurant called La Locanda di Pietracupa, where you can taste one of the best and most genuine food of Tuscany, paired with a great selection of local wines. This is just an option in case you like to have a lunch at a restaurant; obviously being lunch at your own expenses, you are free to decide where to go, or skip the restaurant and eat something faster in Siena.
Stop At: Siena, Siena, Tuscany
In Siena your driver will bring you directly in Piazza del Duomo, and will drop you off right in front of the magnificent Cathedral with its bell tower; after the visit of the square, where you can also admire the Santa Maria della Scala museum and the Palazzo Arcivescovile, with an easy 5 minutes walking you will reach one of the most famous squares in Italy, Piazza del Campo, a brick-paved square where the famous Palio horserace (the most important event of Siena) is held, twice a year. Here you can also see the imposing Town Hall with its Mangia Tower, the Cappella di Piazza, the Gaia Fountain, and all the beautiful palaces surrounding the square.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
Conclude your experience with a relaxing one hour drive back to your accommodation in Florence, after a day full of memories about the real essence of Tuscany
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private driver will pick you up directly at your accommodation, in Florence (hotel, apartment, villa, etc.). Please provide all the details for the pick up
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We want your experience to be as comfortable and safe as possible and for this reason, we are taking all possible measures to enable you to tour safely. If you need further info, please contact us in advance. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.