Private Day Trip Tour to Marken & Volendam with a local
You will go on a private day trip by train to Marken & Volendam. If you're visiting Marken, you can't miss the little wooden houses. Until the 17th century, residents built their homes on 'werven', artificially built hills. In this way, they prevented damage from floods. Our fun and entertaining guide will make this a memorable experience for you. It is one of the best experiences to immerse yourself into the dutch culture and to fall in love with Holland even more.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
- Train/Bus Tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marken, Marken, North Holland Province
If you're visiting Marken, you can't miss the little wooden houses. Until the 17th century, residents built their homes on 'werven', artificially built hills. In this way, they prevented damage from floods. They then built their homes on stakes. Since the building of the Afsluitdijk, the island has no longer been flooded, but the typical houses remain.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Volendam, Volendam, North Holland Province
There is plenty to do all year round in Volendam, Holland’s best-known fishing village. Have your photo taken wearing traditional Volendam clothes and learn more about Volendam in one of its museums. There really is so much to do in Volendam that one day is simply not enough.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Amsterdam Centraal railway station, Amsterdam Centraal, Stationsplein, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.