Private Day trip to Republic of Moldova - visit Chisinau and Cricova Winery
Cross the border to mysterious Moldova and its capital Chisinau on this full-day private tour from Iasi. With a guide at your side, explore Chisinau, seeing the Arc of Triumph, and visiting a winery in this up-and-coming wine region of a diminutive nation. Then cross back into Romania to conclude this full-day trip.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation with a modern vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Wine tasting
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Capriana Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Cricova Winery
What's excluded :
- Lunch (approx. €13/person)
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Capriana Monastery, Capriana Moldova
Capriana Monastery. For a long time, the monastery was the residence of the Metropolitan of Moldova and it was patronized by many Rulers of Moldova including Stefan the Great.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Triumphal Arch, Grand National Assembly Square, Chisinau Moldova
Chisinau was documented for the first time in 1420, but most of it was leveled in WWII and by a tragic earthquake that struck in 1940. They started rebuilding the city in 1950 in a Soviet-style, and both the center and the outskirts are dominated by utilitarian high-rise buildings. On our tour, we will discover Chisinau’s main attractions: their own Arc de Triomphe, the 1841 Holy Gates at the center of the city and we will stroll through one of the city’s parks and learn about Prince Stefan, the noble symbol of Moldova's medieval past.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cricova Winery, Strada Petru Ungureanu 1, Cricova 2084 Moldova
Cricova Winery, situated at a depth of 50-80 meters, representing a real underground city. The Moldavian cellars where Vladimir Putin keeps his wine are so big you need to drive through them. You will also find Herman Goering's private collection, taken by the Red Army from Berlin in 1945. Considered to be the pearl of Moldovan winemaking, Cricova is the founder of production of high-quality elite wines. The influence of Ancient Greece and the Roman period is reflected in the reliefs you will discover inside the winery. In this unique place, you will have to opportunity to discover the steps to wine tasting and try a selection of the great range of wines. Optionally, you may choose to have an unforgettable lunch in this fantastic place.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Iasi
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide;
- A small amount of walking is involved;
- Children must be accompanied by an adult;
- Not wheelchair accessible;
- Minimum age is 12 years;
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.