Private Day Trip to Meteora and Thermopylae
Meteora Day trip offers the visitor the irresistible combination of stunning natural
scenery and the legacy of a fascinating and diverse cultural heritage. You will
discover the fascinating historical, cultural and geographic landscape of the regions.
per adult from
What's included :
- English Speaking Driver(not allow to escort you into the sites/museums)
- WiFi on board
- Mercedes Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Mineral Cold Water
- Fuel and tolls
- Adjusting/customizing itinerary to skip the long lines
- We can accommodate 8people also(Bookable by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
What's excluded :
- Licensed Tour Guide (Bookable upon request by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Battlefield of Thermopylae, Thermopylae Greece
Thermopylae is a place in Greece where a narrow coastal passage existed in antiquity. It derives its name from its hot sulphur springs.The Hot Gates is "the place of hot springs"
Thermopylae is world-famous for the battle that took place there between the Greek forces (notably the Spartans) and the invading Persian forces, commemorated by Simonides in the famous epitaph, "Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, That here obedient to their laws we lie." Thermopylae is the only land route large enough to bear any significant traffic between Lokris and Thessaly. This passage from north to south along the east coast of the Balkan peninsula requires use of the pass and for this reason Thermopylae has been the site of several battles.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
The UNESCO World Heritage Site Meteora consists of a group of monasteries built on rocky spires in northwestern Thessaly. The monasteries are ‘floating in the air’, as its name means, on a series of spectacular outcrops of this region that are as much as 400 meters high. They are formed of eroded conglomerate and riddled with caves that provided shelter for the hermits who first settled there.
Meteora is now the biggest and most important group of monasteries in Greece after those in Mount Athos. While monasteries in Meteora are first attested in the early 14th century, its history can be traced back to the 11th century when monks first settled there.
Its sublime beauty cannot be conveyed in words or pictures. The soaring monoliths of more than four hundred metres in height seem to have been expressly created by God for the bold ascetics who would seek the ideal place in this tranquil setting to devote themselves wholly to prayer.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Piraeus area, Port and Cruise Terminal (Included). Meeting point: The driver will meet you at the port holding a sign with your name onAccommodation in Athens and Athens Suburbs Pickup/drop off from/to Accommodation located outside Athens Pickup/drop off from/to Athens Airport Meeting point: The driver will meet you inside the airport holding a sign with your name onAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Passengers and the driver are obliged to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.