Private day trip to Memphis, Saqqara& Giza Pyramids with the Sphinx
See the very best of Ancient Egypt – including the wondrous Pyramids of Giza on this day tour from Cairo.
Take a trip to the ancient capital city of Memphis and explore the remains of the Pharaonic city including a huge fallen image of King Ramesses II of ancient Egypt. Visit Saqqara, an ancient burial ground in Egypt and marvel at the Zoser Step Pyramid that has a funeral complex including temples and tombs with intricate wall engravings.
Marvel at the Giza pyramids guarded by the mysterious Egyptian Sphinx which has the body of a lion and a human head. A tour to the pyramids of Giza will reveal some interesting facts about the history and culture of ancient Egypt.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist tour guide
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Lunch in local restaurant in Giza
- Camel ride
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All taxes and service charge
- Entry/Admission - Memphis and Sakkara
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Giza
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Memphis and Sakkara, Cairo 11655 Egypt
In the morning, you will be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Cairo. Accompanied by a guide, you will be taken to the ancient capital city of Memphis located about 24 kilometres south of Cairo. Though little remains of this pharaonic city, the open air museum here is worth a visit. See the huge fallen image of Ramesses II at the museum. Founded around 3,100 BC, Memphis is the legendary city of Menes, the king who united Upper and Lower Egypt
After exploring the historical city of Memphis, continue to Saqqara, the most ancient burial ground in Egypt. It is situated on a desert plateau crowned by Zoser step pyramid and its funerary complex including temples and tombs. It is the most ancient stone building in the world. Take a trip to the pyramid of Unas and Mastabas, also known as the tombs of Nobles.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pyramids of Giza, Al Haram Str., Giza 12611 Egypt
Further on, proceed to the pyramids of Giza that lies on the west bank of the Nile facing Cairo. On top of Giza plateau rise the three pyramids erected by Cheops, Chepren and Mycerinus, guarded by the mysterious Sphinx which is a mythical statue with the body of a lion and a human head.
Five thousand years ago, Giza became the royal burial place for Memphis, the Pharaoh’s capital city. Giza’a three pyramids and the Sphinx were constructed in the 4th dynasty of Egypt’s Old Kingdom. About 2,500 BC, King Khufu, the second pharaoh of the fourth dynasty, commissioned the building of his tomb at Giza. On an average, over 2 million blocks of stone was used to build Khufu’s pyramid, and the heaviest blocks were used as the ceiling of Khufu’s burial chamber. Khufu’s son was the next in the royal line who commissioned the building of his own pyramid complex which includes the Sphinx. Each pyramid has a mortuary temple and a valley temple linked by long causeways that were rooted and walled.
After marvelling at the pyramids of Giza, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Cairo.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any place in Cairo or GizaAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.