Private Day Trip to Kandy from Negombo
Kandy – the World Heritage Site and last royal capital of Sri Lankan kings – crafts an array of culture, history and heritage in the minds of visitors across the globe! Popular among the locals for the cultural and religious value and scenic beauty, Kandy is a city that prides itself as a UNESCO world heritage site. With a total area of 1,940 km2, being located in the central province of Sri Lanka, Kandy hosts a population of over 109,343. It is Surrounded by beautiful tea plantations and mountains.This town popularly known as the city of Senkadagalapura. Experience an ancient Kandyan legacy engraved its crown jewel, the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue
- Entry/Admission - Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show
What's excluded :
- Restroom on board
- WiFi on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens is the largest and most beautiful Botanical garden in Sri Lanka. The history of its Foundation goes back to the Royal times: the first Royal Park here appeared in the 1747. On the territory of 60 hectares is a huge amount of exotic plants, with more than 4000: trees, shrubs, flowers, spices. All plants are marked with signs, plus at the entrance is given a colorful map with the individual gardens of the Park and their features.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, or Sri Dalada Maligawa, as it is known locally, is one of the most-visited destinations in Kandy. The most sacred Buddhist shrine is said to possess a sacred tooth relic of Buddha, more precisely his right canine, which has been preserved safely. No wonder the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, housing the corporeal remains of Buddha, is considered as a prime monument, not only amongst the Buddhist population in Sri Lanka, but across the globe. The sacred tooth rests in a Chedi made purely out of gold. Every six years, it is displayed to the public. Every Wednesday, monks and priests perform a symbolic bathing of the relic, with a preparation made of fragrant flowers and scented water.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue, Bahirawa Kanda Rd, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Seated on top of Bahirawa Kanda hill, barely two kilometers from the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, is the tallest statue in Sri Lanka – Bahirawakanda Vihara Buddha statue, keeping a watchful eye on the people of Kandy. Bahirawa Kanda is Sinhalese for Gnome Mountain. Centuries ago, this hill was believed to be in possession of a wicked gnome . From atop Bahirawakanda, the city and its lake are laid out beautifully before you, and you’ll feel secure underneath the big Buddha’s benevolent, protecting presence.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show, 7 Sangamitta Mawatha, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Kandyan dancing is one of Sri Lanka’s most revered and iconic artforms and no visit to its city of origin is complete without watching a performance. The dance originated as part of an elaborate all-night festival in honour of the deity Kohomba and flourished during the reigns of Kandyan kings. So much so that it was eventually adopted into religious ceremonies and the prestigious Esala Perahera festival. Kandyan dancing is always accompanied by drumming, in which the drummers – also dressed in traditional costumes – pound a geta bera with their palms in an oft-frantic manner. The best place to see a performance is at the Kandyan Cultural Centre.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in NegomboAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.