Private Day Trip to Kaiping UNESCO Watchtowers and Li Garden
This private day trip takes you to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Guangzhou province, including the flashy Kaiping watchtowers known as Diaolou, the harmonic Li Gardens. Your tour includes transport, entrance fees, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guangzhou hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional and friendly English speaking guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Entry/Admission - Watchtower Group of Zili Village
- Entry/Admission - Kaiping Garden
- Entry/Admission - Kaiping Diaolou and Villages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Watchtower Group of Zili Village, Zili Village, Tangkou Town, Kaiping 529361 China
Your guide will pick you up at your Guangzhou downtown hotel then take you to Kaiping City, about 2.5 hours away from central Guangzhou.
There you’ll visit the Watchtowers in Zili Village, also know as Diaolou. The diaolou are fortified buildings built in the 1920s and 1930s by returning Chinese immigrants from all over the world and listed as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites. The Zili village has nine of these watchtowers with different styles. The views from the top are beautiful, and it gives a little insight into what it would be like to have lived here in the past.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kaiping Garden, Genghua Village, Beiyi Country, Tangkou Town, Kaiping 529361 China
You will then take you to have a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch at a local restaurant to enjoy southern Chinese flavors before visiting the Li Garden. The Li Garden was built between 1926 and 1936 by Mr. Xie Weili, a Chinese emigrant to the United States. They cover an area of approximately 11,000 square meters and has the lingering charm of a traditional Chinese garden but also contains the exotic atmosphere of Western architecture in great harmony. The layout of Li Garden is divided into 3 sections, inside which there is a villa section, a grand garden and a small garden.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kaiping Diaolou and Villages, Kaiping 529300 China
You will go to Majulong village to visit the watchtowers here. The Majulong Watchtowers consists of 7 well-preserved towers and 8 western-style villas. It is like a chain of beads, scatthering among the ancient forests and bamboos. Of all the towers, the most outstanding Tianlu building is a typical public building built by 29 villagers in 1925.
After this, you will be taken back to your hotel in Guangzhou, which will take approximately 2 hours.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Guangzhou
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.