Private Day Trip to Haridwar and Rishikesh from Delhi
This is a private tour to Haridwar and Rishikesh from Delhi. Haridwar is believed to be blessed by the presence of all three major Gods of Hindus namely Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwar. Hence it's often called the “Gateway to God”. Dense forests, the clear water of river Ganges and the serene fold of the mountains in the background create the charming beauty of this holy city. Rishikesh on the other hand is called the “Gateway of Char Dum”.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Driver cum Guide
- Private transport by comfortable A/C Car
- 1 bottle Mineral Water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Lunch and Dinner
- Alcoholic drinks
- You will be picked up from your Delhi hotel at 6am and begin the drive to Haridwar. On the way we can stop for breakfast in nice restaurant. After breakfast you proceed to Haridwar, you will be visiting the following attractions:
Har Ki Pauri is a famous bathing ghat on the banks of the River Ganges. Har means God (Shiva) and Pouri means Footprint. It is believed that Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu visited this place in ancient times. Here one can see the footprints of Lord Vishnu on a stone wall. Har ki Pauri is also a main location for holy bath during Kumbh Mela.
Ganga Arthi is performed at Har-ki-Pauri during morning/sunrise and evening/sunset. It is one of the famous rituals in India. It starts after sunset, with great crowds gathered in the region of both the banks of a canal which carries the waters of Ganges. This ceremony is dedicated to River Ganga which is constantly providing life in the form of her water to people. Ganga Arthi uses fire as an offering.
Mansa Devi Temple is one of the oldest holy places in Haridwar. The temple is located atop the Bilwa Parvat on the Shivalik Hills. The temple holds the holy abode of Mansa, who is said to have emerged from the mind of the sage, Kashyap, in the form of 'shakthi.' Mansa is regarded as the sister of the holy serpent Vasuki. Mansa means 'wish' and it is believed that the goddess fulfills all the wishes of a sincere devotee. Hence, no devotee turns out without visiting this temple. Devotees who want their wishes to be fulfilled by Goddess Mansa tie threads to the branches of a tree located here. Once their wishes are fulfilled, people come back to the temple to untie the thread from the tree.
In the afternoon is a transfer to restaurant for lunch (at your own expense). After lunch, we proceed to Rishikesh. On arrival there, we visit ashrams and Lakshman Jhula.
Lakshman Jhula is a 450 ft long cantilever bridge on the river Ganges. Lakshman Jhula, which was once a jute rope bridge, was reconstructed by Rai Bahadur Sherprashad Tulshan and was opened to traffic in 1930. This bridge gives you a very attractive scenic view of Rishikesh. View of the 13 story Trayambakeswar temple also called Tera Manzil, which is located at the other end of the Lakshman Jhula. It is a treat to your eyes and gives you a serene feeling. Lakshman Temple and Sachha Akhileswar Mahadev Temple are also one of the major attractions around Lakshman Jhula. In the market, you can buy precious stones, religious items, paintings and statues of almost every deity in the Hindu pantheon.
In the evening, around 7pm, we proceed with our return to Delhi. On arrival at Delhi (approx 10pm), we drop you off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Your Delhi City Hotels.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- For the buying food so you can use cash and credit cards
- Personal food and drinks allowed but non vegetarian food is not allowed in Haridwar and Rishikesh because these are the holy city for hindus
- Below 5 Years children are complimentary
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.