Private Day Trip to Elafonissi Beach from Chania
Make the most out of your stay in sun-soaked Crete and let your local driver show you around in a fully customizable tour!
On the way to Elafonissi Beach, you can stop by the Chrisoskalitissa Monastery, an Orthodox Christian monastery located on the southwest coast of Crete. It stands on a rocky, 35 meters high hill, overlooking the Libyan Sea. This monastery is just a few kilometers north of the famous Elafonisi beach.
Next, you will reach the breathtaking beach of Elafonisi. Elafonisi is an oblong, which often "breaks" in two parts by water, giving the impression of being a separate island. The island is full of dunes with sand lilies and junipers. Endangered turtles and several animals nest on the island and it is strictly forbidden to remove plants, animals or sand from the area.
This exotic beach with white sand and turquoise waters will remind you of the Carribean.
At the end of the tour, your driver will drop you off at your accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pickup & Drop off
- Personal English-Speaking professional Driver
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel and Tolls
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official Tour Guide - Our drivers are English Speaking and very knowledgeable of the places visited
- Beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Chrisoskalitissa Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chania Town, Chania Town, Chania Prefecture, Crete
Chania is on the northwest coast of the Greek island of Crete. It’s known for its 14th-century Venetian harbor, narrow streets and waterfront restaurants.
Stop At: Chrisoskalitissa Monastery, Moni Chrisoskalitissis, Crete 230 53 Greece
On the way to Elafonissi, perched on a rock is the impressively located Monastery of Chrisoskalitissa, which was built relatively recently (in the 19th century); a beautiful building with an amazing view.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Elafonissi, Elafonissi, Chania Prefecture, Crete
This idyllic lagoon with the pink sand and the green-blue waters is truly a dreamlike destination. The water here is so shallow that you can walk to the opposite aisle.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler pickup is offered for any central hotel or location in Chania. Please note that pick up from Chania Airport will apply to extra charges. If you select Pickup from Chania airport the extra charge will be communicated to you beforehand.Airports
- Chania International Airport "Ioannis Daskalogiannis", National Road, EO Aerodromiou Soudas, Chania 731 00, Greece
- Port of Souda, Ormos Soudas, Souda 732 00, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our operators are not official tour guides but English-speaking professional drivers and Locals that have been provided with all the necessary historical information about the sights visited. They cannot accompany you into the sights but will provide extended historical and local information to help you get the feeling of the city.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.