Private Day Trip to Dracula's Castle from Bucharest
This day tour includes unique tourist attractions in Romania: Sinaia with its Peles Castle, emblem of the Romanian royalty, a highly valuable historical and artistic monument, the fascinating Bran Castle, wrapped in the legend of Count Dracula, one of the most visited cities in Romania - Brasov. Find out why Sinaia bears the name of the holy mount Sinai and find out the legends that cover Bran & Brasov area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water while on tour
- Professional guide
- Free Wi-fi in all our vehicles
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Photo fees at museums
- Phone calls
- We set off from Bucharest and head to Sinaia following the scenic Prahova Valley. Upon arrival in Sinaia, called "Pearl of the Carpathians" due to the beauty of its natural setting and the elegance of its architecture, visit the Peles Castle, former summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family and emblematic of the Romanian Royalty. Leaving the castle head to the 300 years old Sinaia Monastery, the historic soul of the city of Sinaia and precious monument of Romanian Art.
Drive on to Bran to visit the famous medieval castle built as a fortress - The "Dracula's Castle" - for the citizens of Brasov with view to defend the city. Prince Vlad used the Castle as a general headquarters during his incursions in Transylvania. For many years, it has been an interesting medieval art museum. Surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend and perched high atop a 200-foot-high rock, Bran Castle owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as to the myth created around Bram Stoker's Dracula. Built on the site of a Teutonic Knights stronghold dating from 1212, the castle was first documented in an act issued by Louis I of Hungary on November 19, 1377, giving the saxons of Kronstadt (Brasov) the privilege to built the Citadel. Although Stoker never visited Transylvania, the Irish author relied on research and his vivid imagination to create the dark and intimidating stomping ground of Count Dracula, leading to persistent myths that it was once the home of Vlad Tepes, ruler of Walachia. While the association with Dracula is sketchy at best, the castle continues to hold a strong attraction for all fans of the Count. After the visit you will enjoy time at leisure in the souvenir market.
After a short drive you will reach the city of Brasov. Fringed by the peaks of the Southern Carpathian Mountains and resplendent with Gothic, baroque and renaissance architecture, as well as a wealth of historical attractions, Brasov is one of the most visited places in Romania. Founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1211 on an ancient Dacian site and settled by the Saxons as one of the seven walled citadels, Brasov exudes a distinct medieval ambiance and has been used as backdrop in many recent period films. In this city, we are surrounded by legends of vampires and medieval stories. Here you will enjoy a walking tour through the old town centre, including the Black Church, the Council Square, the Hircher House and the baroque style building from the Austro-Hungarian times. During the walking tour you will pass by the Black Church, the largest Gothic cathedral between Vienna and Istanbul.
Start driving back to Bucharest in the late afternoon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup possible from centrally located hotels, hostels, or apartments in BucharestAirports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved on uneven surfaces
- Peles Castle is closed as following: 12 May - 15 Sept: closed on Monday; 16 Sep - 15 May: closed on Mondays and Tuesdays; 03 Nov - 02 Dec: Peles Castles is closed for a full month for cleaning & restoration. Other sites can be visited instead
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.